Chapter One Hundred Twenty

Eli's P.O.V.

I don't like that Dani left the room when the guys appeared, but I understand why she did it. I sent Arrow to make sure she's ok, because I can't go out there myself. Honestly, I'll be glad to get out of this place. I hate hospitals and I hate the fact that Dani is probably scared out of her mind by being here.

Arrow's back a few minutes later and I shoot him a frown. He whispers in my ear, "She said she's fine and she sent me back in here. She also told me to tell you not to tell me off for coming back in here. She doesn't want me to get in trouble because she sent me back. She's ok,Eli. I promise."

I nod, but I wish she could be in here with me. She's the most important person to me and I want her by my side. The guys and I all joke around for a while. I know they're pleased I'm ok. I'm relieved I'm awake as well, trust me.

After about a half hour of joking around, I turn things serious as I ask, "What's happened to all the guys we arrested?"

Ash clears his throat, "They're being processed."

"Anything I need to know about?"

He's quick to respond, "No, you need to get better."

That means there is then. He was far too quick to reply. I sigh.

"What is it, Scott? Just give it to me. I'm not sick and I'm not dead, so fill me in."

He proceeds to give me the details of what happened after I was taken into hospital. All of the guys have lawyered up; no surprise there. No one's talking; again, no surprise. We caught them in there, so there's no getting out of that one.

I ask, "What about the physical evidence? Has that been processed?"

"Yeah, well, a lot of it has. Tom's still working through all the samples. There's so much to process and it's taking some time to get through it all. We're getting names pinging up on the computer from arrests made years ago where the DNA evidence is throwing up matches. It'sway bigger than we thought."

"That's not a surprise. Anything unexpected that I should know about?"

He closes his eyes for the briefest moment and then pinches the bridge of his nose. That suggests I'm not going to like what he has to say. He doesn't answer and I know why. He doesn't want to lie to me and he knows I'll be able to tell if he's lying.

"Just tell me, Ash. I'm a big boy, I can handle it."

He sighs, "One of Greggson's men had been there."

I bite down my initial reaction and manage to grind out, "Who? How did you find that out?"

"Jack Preston. We've got him in holding and he's being processed. Everyone is separated so there's no chance of them talking. It's making things a nightmare in the precinct though, because there's not much space left."