Chapter 1.

Chase.

I lit my cigar as I watch Matthew getting bullied by the Jocks. That man seriously needed to stand up for himself or it's gonna be the end of him in this world. I blow the smoke from my mouth into the air and throw the cigar to the ground stamping my foot on it. I start to walk towards the jocks who were troubling the poor kid.

When Albert, one of the munchkins , sees me coming, his eyes widens and he starts to panic. Sweat starts to drip from his forehead. That was the effect I usually have on people.

By now, each one were looking at me. They feared me. Albert's reaction reflected their faces and slowly, while gulping they start to move. I glare at them and that's when they knew it is their que to run. I let them go though. It wasn't my cup of tea. This happens in every school. Who was I to stop them? Knowing that nobody gave a single shit about it either? I just wanted to help the poor kid. That's all.

My gaze fell on Matthew, he was starring at me, surprised like he never thought I'll be the one helping him. I give him a nod and started walking towards my motorbike. I didn't need a 'Thank You' for what I did because I know that in the end, I was still going to be the bad guy they feared.

The world was a funny place though. They'll tell you to be yourself but they'll be the one standing there, judging you. They'll tell you to love yourself but they will be the one calling you ugly. They'll make you feel like you're nothing, a nobody. Useless, worthless, piece of shit, good for nothing, all these names will be given to you but yet they'll come to you when they need something. Is it how it supposed to be?

I sigh, frustrated.

I walk upstairs to my apartment. Knowing that I only lived on the first floor, there was no need for using the damn elevator. Once I reach my gloomy room, I hop onto the bed and get some sleep.

"Mommy, why isn't he waking up?" The 5 year old me says. We were in the hospital, my mom had a baby. Dad was nowhere to be seen. He had left, I thought. I watched my mom crying. I was confused. I looked at the baby that was laying in the small bed of the hospital, blood all over the white sheet and back at my mother.

"Is he sleeping?" I ask my mom. She hiccupped. She cupped her hands on her mouth so no sound can be heard. Her eyes and nose were red. She was beautiful even when she was crying. Slowly, I went to her and hugged her leg. She picked me up, holding me tight. "I love you." She whispered and kissed my forehead. "Forgive me Chase." She says looking in my eyes. Million thoughts started running through my mind. Why was she apologising? Why was she crying? Why was my brother not waking up? Why was there so many blood? Was it sauce, I thought. Does my brother like tomato ketchup? Why was he not crying like he did when Dr. Robertson took him out? Where was my dad? Why he ain't coming? I miss him.

Soon I heard the police siren and I saw my mom breaking down. She pulled me more tightly, not letting me go. "I love you Chase." She kept on chanting before the cops burst in and pulled her away from me. I begin to cry. Why were they taking her away? They're so cruel.

"Mommy." I cry loudly as I watched the cops handcuffing the hands of my mother. Her gaze was still locked to me. "I love you." She muttered and smiled one last time at me before the cops dragged her away.

I wake up panting heavily as I dreamt the same nightmare again. I was growing sick of it. I hated this. I hate feeling alone.

I get up from my bed immediately, throwing on my leather jacket and my shoes I exited my apartment. I brought my bike to life and started wandering around the streets to forget about my dream. I needed a drink. I thought.

I stopped at a small bar and went inside. The lights were dim. Some people were drinking and taking shots, others were just having a good time with their mistresses. Nobody here will care a shit if you kill someone. It was where I grew up. I was used to this kind of shit.

I ordered myself a drink, ready to be wasted but stop when I hear a girly giggle from beside me. I turned my head to see who the voice belonged to and was surprised when I see the familiar green eyed girly. What the fuck was she doing here? I forgot her name but I definitely remember she was the one who brought pride to our school during the interschool debate competition. There was a big goofy grin plastered on her face. She was looking at me.

I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Oh nothing, I just never thought I would see you here." She says, the irritating grin still on her face. My jaw hardened at this. Does her face do not hurt by so much smiling?

"What are you doing here?" I glare at her. I thought she will be scared and run away even, but she took a seat beside me. What the hell was she doing? Does she not know who I was?

"Well I wanted to write an article about something, when I got nothing, I ended up here." She finished with a full blown grin where her teeth shown. I wanted to punch her face, girl or boy I didn't care. Her grin was annoying as fuck.

I roll my eyes at myself and sighed.

Obviously, she had a happy life and I was just jealous because I didn't. A part of me told me to not judge because there is always more than what meets the eye but in her case it was impossible, because there wasn't even a hint of sadness or pain in those eyes like everything was perfect in her life. Definitely a rich spoiled brat.

I was a pro in reading people and her face was as easy to read as some one line sentence. I shook my head and get up, ready to live when I heard her say "bye."

I looked back at her, she was writing something on her note pad. Probably an article. I then took in my surrounding knowing that this wasn't a safe place for her. Some men were looking at her with lust in their eyes.

Even, I agree she was beautiful with her black hair, green eyes and full lips but something in my gut told not to leave her alone in this place. Gritting my teeth I walk back to her.

"Hello again." She says when she sees me. A grin forms on her face. I mentally slam my head against the wall for coming back but I know I won't be regretting it. After all, I was just helping.

"Leave." I say, my voice stern. Warning her not to argue with this. I thought she would fight back or argue with me but she didn't. She stood up and went away before saying "bye." and putting on that goofy smile on her face.

What the hell?

__________________________________

New story, Yay! The whole story will be in Chase's POV and Im really excited.

PS: Excuse my grammar. I'll try to fix it somehow.

Tell me what you think about this?

Vote/ Comment / Share.