Chapter 54

A Thug's Only Love: The Final Chapter

~Chanelle P.O.V~
~A Few Weeks Later~

Graduation was by far the best and these few weeks have been so much easier, now that I don't have school weighing in on my shoulders. I've put all my attention into Trey while Lexis keeps most of his attention with his gang. Not that I'm complaining, but it would be nice if Lexis decided to stay in one night instead of choosing to hang out with his friends due to a long day at his trap.

This morning, much like any other, I woke up to find myself alone in bed but my stomach felt flipped. I flung the heavy covers off my legs and rushed to the bathroom. Putting the toilet seat up and holding as much of my hair back as possible, everything from last night's dinner came out. My throat now burning and my mouth salivating, I flushed the toilet and walked over to the sink. Looking in the mirror, I looked ill.

Brushing my teeth with the bubblegum toothpaste and just noticed the ice cold tile beneath my feet. I scooted over to the fluffy rug and continued on with my usual morning routine. Wandering downstairs, I reached up into the cabinet and pulled down a mug, filling it with water straight from the faucet, the water crashed down into my empty stomach but gave me such a satisfied feeling of relief and gradually the nausea began to ease up.

"I'm never going to that restaurant again." I said when Lexis came from around the corner with Trey struggling to remain still in his arms. I filled up my mug about halfway this time and took a few more sips before setting the mug on the edge of the sink.

"You don't feel good either?" I shook my head. "Javier said he didn't feel all too good either. I feel just fine, y'all need stronger stomachs."

"Excuse me for not having a stomach made of steel." I motioned for him to hand me Trey and he more than happily did so. "Good morning, sweetie." Kissing his forehead, I held him close in a warm hug, only to have him fuss around even more than what he did in Lexis' arms. "Alright fine. Food first, love second."

"Well I've got things to get done at the trap so I'll be back later." He said reaching over to grab his keys off the counter.

"Are you serious? Again at the trap?" I questioned as I sat Trey on the counter. He found amusement with the roll of paper towels and I just let him be to explore his curiosity to the best of his ability.

"Yeah... it ain't anything new. I'll be back later, like always."

"You're always gone, Lexis. You're never just home for a few hours with Trey and I."

"Yes I am-"

"At night, Trey is tired and is asleep by the time you come home and I'm too tired to want to do anything. I understand what you do is how you get money but it's not fair how I'm automatically left with Trey."

"Nelle, we're not going into this right now. I need to go, I'll be back later." He said with some slight sternness in his voice. I simply shook my head in disappointment and went right back to getting Trey his breakfast. There was the usual slam of the front door and then the sound of the car leaving the drive way shortly to follow.

"It's just you and I again because your father can't understand the concept of taking one day off to stay here with us and help out." I said more of under my breath. He wasn't even as much as paying attention to me, his attention was still on the works of the paper towels.

While his food was warming up in the microwave, I decided to just have scrambled eggs and toast. Something easy on my stomach and quick to make. Putting the pan on the stove and turning on the heat, I walked over to the fridge and grabbed everything I needed.