Chapter 31

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 31

~January 26th~
~Sunday~
~Lexis P.O.V.~

I finally woke up and took a look at my alarm clock. The numbers were a little blurry but it was like 5 something in the morning. I wanted to go right back to sleep but I knew I had to get up and start getting ready.

I slowly and carefully unwrapped her arms from around me and got out of bed. I retucked the blankets back over Nelle so she would be more comfortable. I gently kissed her forehead before I went to the bathroom and grabbed a towel from the cabinets. I turned on the shower, since I had a few minutes before the shower was ready, I walked over to the mirror, I rubbed my eyes and took a look at the mirror. For someone who just woke up, I have to say I look pretty damn good. I smiled to myself till I saw the mirror start to fog up. I stepped into the shower and let the water crash against my skin. After a good 20 minutes in the shower I stepped out and walked to the sink. I was debating if I could go another day without shaving. I notice I had a lil' patch of hair growing right on my chin. I actually liked it, I think I'ma leave it there, makes me look even more like a G.

I did the rest of my hygiene shit then walked back to the room to see Nelle was still sleeping soundly. She didn't look like her usual cute self when she slept. She looked like she wasn't at ease. It's probably just nothing so I didn't think much of it.

I walked to the closet pulled out my suit, tie, and shoes. Today was Arlie's hearing and he wanted me to come support him. I was all down for it, plus I got see my niece and that's always a blessing. After I fixed my suit, which by the way I hate, I opened the door to see King sitting right at the door. We walked down the stairs and I let him out the back. Arlie was already up and in the kitchen.

"Morning." I said as I pulled out a chair and took a seat.

"Aye, you ready to go? It's a 2 hour drive and it start at 10." He said. I could see he was clearly stressed and not at ease; I don't blame him, I would be too if I were in his position.

"Alright then let's go. It's already 6:17 and we can pick up breakfast on the way there." I grabbed my keys and walked out the door.

~Arlie P.O.V.~

I woke up feeling like complete shit. So we were all cleaned up and about an hour and a half into the drive. I still couldn't believe Heather was actually taking me to court for custody. All I could think about was; what if Heather wins? My gut is telling me she will but there is still a chance she'd lose.

***

Lexis was sitting in the front row at the court house while I sat with my lawyer before the judge. The court doors opened and in she walked. She flashed a snide smirk before taking a seat with her lawyer. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see my daughter standing up in my Mom's lap.

"Awh Hi sweetie." I reached back and gave her a big kiss on her soft chubby cheek.

"Hi Daddy." She said as she returned the kiss.

"You need to be quiet while we're here okay?" She nodded her head and gave me another kiss before crawling into Lexis' lap. "Lexis don't get her riled up." I said with a little laugh.

"Alright Alright I won't." He better not. The last thing we need is for Nicole to be laughing uncontrollably during this.

"Will everyone please rise." The Judge said. I fixed my tie as I stood up.

Here we go.

***

"Mr. Trell Jr. Corvo." I haven't heard that name in what seems like ages.