Chapter 48

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 48

~Lexis P.O.V.~

The remaining days of camping were actually a lot more enjoyable than I was originally imagining. It was nice to get away from being either in school or at the trap all the time, worrying about my sales and members. Well when you're running a nearly billion dollar gang, it comes with a lot of baggage but this small break made me reflect back to when I was a lot younger, before the gang days. How simple life really was, not constantly looking over my shoulder or having my hand always in my pocket resting on a cocked gun. I got to be the lil' kid Lexis for a few days and I really enjoyed it.

Nelle Bells, Trey and I were in our car on the way home. Varo went with Javier and Riley this time so we didn't have our laughs for the car ride back. Instead it was just our peaceful silence and company. Camping may have been fun but that couch and all my shows that are recorded on the DVR were just screamin' my name at this point. A bowl of cheese puffs sounds even better though- layin' on the couch, watching my recorded shows while I eat a bowl of cheese puffs-

"Lexis? can you hear me?" Nelle said softly as she gently shook my hand. I looked over at her and gave her a warm smile. She looked like she was about ready to knock out much like how Trey is right now. That means I'ma be all alone for the rest of the way... I don't like bein' alone for too long... but then I can put my ear buds in and blast some music. I do really like music so I'ma need for Nelle to just fall asleep right quick.

"I'm listening, what's up?" Nah, I wasn't listening but I assume you were talking about the camping trip. That's my best bet.

"I had a lot of fun, thank you for doing this." She reached up and pulled my face down to hers to give me a kiss. "Why do you taste so sweet?" She asked with a confused look to her delicate face.

"I ate a ding dong like a few minutes ago. Didn't you see? I made the biggest deal about it." I wasn't stealthy at all as I was trying to rip off the damn wrapper. I've seen four year olds handle those wrappers without a flaw but then there was me and there was about to be a murder scene too because I was gettin' too frustrated.

"You are a ding dong." She said jokingly as she laid her seat back a little bit.

"You love my ding dong so hush up over there." She ain't say another word after that. "Hush mode engaged because you didn't say somethin' smart back." I caught that roll of her eyes before she settled into her seat more and closed her eyes.

I've never pulled my ear buds out of the glove compartment faster than I just did. I got some ear drums I needa rupture with some loud ass bass.

***

A few hours and a restless Trey later, we finally pulled up to the house. The gates seemed like they were taking much longer than usual to open until finally they were wide enough for me to drive through- Why does the lawn look so aggy? Can a lawn even look aggy? Well at this moment in time my lawn looks aggy and I don't know how I should feel about that... That has me feeling some type of way- I think I'm just really tired. I pulled out my phone and called Arlie real quick.

"What now?" He asked with a laugh into the phone while I heard a squealing Nicole in the background. Alright, that was a cute noise she was making.

"Can a lawn look aggy?"

"Like the grass lawn?"

"Yeah. I'm lookin' at my lawn right now and it's just not lookin' right. It just looks aggy but can a lawn really be aggy?" I grabbed Trey from his car seat and hoisted him up over my shoulder. Nelle came over and took him from me, quickly heading inside while I went to the back of the car to start unloading the stuff we took.