Chapter 26

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 26

~January 5th~

~Sunday~

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

It's been a few days since I've talked to Riley. I didn't give her a call like I anticipated on doing since I wanted to give her some space. I know it must have destroyed her to know Ryan was dead.

However; on the bright side, living with Lexis has been such an incredible amount of fun. The guys come over here almost all the time so there is always something new going on. We all chill outside or kick it and play video games.

I was just sitting on the couch when I felt my phone vibrate against my leg. To my surprise it was a text from Riley?

11:13 a.m. -Riley: Hey

11:13 a.m. -Me: Hey

11:14 a.m. -Riley: Hru?

11:15 a.m. -Me: good, you?

11:16 a.m. -Riley: goodtoo, can we chill?

11:17 a.m. -Me: sure; come over

11:18 a.m. -Riley: be there in a few

~A Few Minutes Later~

"Hey Nelle." Riley said as she walked through the door and sat next to me on the couch.

"Hey Riley." I sat up and crossed my legs, giving her more room to sit.

"Where's your man at?" She asked with a confused look as she looked around.

"He's out and about doing his thing."

"Oh alright."

"Yeah. So how you holding up?" I asked. It felt just slightly awkward since we haven't really talked for a few days.

"I'm still really sad about the Ryan thing but my mind has been occupied lately."

"With?"

"Jared. We've been hanging out and getting to know each other really well. Long story short we're together." Her cheeks turned ruby red when she exposed a huge smile.

"Aw thats good to hear. What about Javier?" Riley had a lil' crush on Javier. It wasn't nothing major it was just a small crush.

"Awh that's right. He'll just have to be on reserve." She said in between her small laughs.

"Wow Riley. You gonna break the news to him or should I?" I asked in a jokingly matter.

"Could you? I don't want see him cry when I tell him I got a man now." She calmed down her laughs. "Nelle, I'm surprised Lexis left you alone at the house?" She said in a more serious tone.

"I told him, I wasn't scared of being alone and if I needed anything I could just call Vince. He lives literally right across the street." I split one of the blinds that hung over the living room windows and pointed. "See, his house is right there."

"Oh, you know what we haven't been to?" Riley asked changing the subject.

"What?"

"A club."

"You're right, we should go." I absolutely loved clubs it was a fun place to meet new people, let loose, and get all nicely dressed down with you hair and make up on point.