Chapter 34

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 34

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

When we finally got home we had to decide what room would be for the baby. I was more than excited to paint the room and set up all the furniture. It made the feeling of actually having a child of our own feel more real. It's still hard to believe in a little while our baby is going to be in our arms.

"Nelle when you choose what room, can you spread the tarp out for me while I get the stuff from the car?" Lexis asked.

"Mhm." I said be I walked up the stairs and went straight to the room across from us. I grabbed the tarp from off the landing and spread it out across the hardwood floor. It was a little bit hard to bend down because of my belly but I managed to do my best. I suddenly felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

11:23 a.m. -[Unknown Number]: Hey it's Aiden (:

I just didn't bother to even respond. I'm just gonna listen to Lexis and not associate with him. I needed to focus on painting this room and planning where to put all the furniture.

I walked to Lexis and I's room and threw my phone onto the bed so I wouldn't have anymore distractions.

"Can we paint now?" I asked as I walked back to the baby room.

"Yeah, I'm comin' up now." He said.

~Lexis P.O.V.~

I got to the room and set the cans of paint down. I felt like Nelle was looking over my shoulder.

"Can you not look over my shoulder like as if I have to decide either to cut the red or blue wire? Damn, makin' me feel all tense and shit." I laughed before I turned around and reached up to kiss her.

"Oops sorry about that." She said bashfully. "I got the paint brushes and the rolly thing."

"Alright can you get that paint tray over there and bring it here?" I asked as I worked on popping the lid off the first can of paint.

***

"It turned out good. I like the color." I said as I kissed her cheek. It needed to turn out good based on how many hours we just put into it.

"I love it. Tomorrow are we putting the furniture in it?" She asked.

"Yeah. We need to let the room dry out." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well I'm going to get cleaned up and change. Can we still hang out with everyone?" She asked as she walked off to our room.

"Yeah, I'll order pizza too." I walked over to our bed and noticed Nelle's phone was vibrating like crazy.

"Nelle, your phone is going crazy." I said. I looked at the caller ID but it was just a number.

"Who is it?" She asked from the bathroom.

"Just a number."

"You can answer it if you want, I dont care." She turned the shower on. I answered the phone.

"Hello?" "Whoa you ain't Chanelle. Who is this?" "It doesn't matter who I am, who the fuck are you?" The call ended. What a bitch ass.

Now, I hated looking through Nelle's phone because who ever the fuck she talks to is her business like how who I talk to is my business but I found a text, out of many, that said that number was Aiden's. Didn't I tell her not to associate with him?

I walked into the bathroom and stood outside the shower.

"Chanelle, didn't I tell you not to associate with Aiden?" I asked. There's no need to lose my temper over this.

"Yeah, and I haven't talked to him since at the paint store." She said as she peeked her head through the shower door.

"He just called your phone."

"Lexis, I swear I haven't talked to him. Look at my messages. He texted me first but I ignored it and left my phone on the bed. I have no reason to lie to you."

"I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm just tellin' you what I know." I said before I left the bathroom and headed downstairs.

***

Arlie walked in but I noticed he didn't bring my little buddy.

"Where my buddy?" I asked.

"Your buddy got the flu and stayed with her Grandma because her Grandma doesn't want me to get sick and miss anymore school" He said with a laugh as he dapped me.

"Damn that sucks, I hope she feels better." We both took a seat on the couch. "But aye this guy Aiden, he's from our school. He bumped into Nelle and they were talking at the store and then he sent her like 15 texts and tried to call her."

"So? They could just be friends or something?"

"He had a green bandana tied around his belt loop."

"Keep Nelle away from 'em. They're one of those gangs that kill before thinking shit through." He said with an annoyed look.

"I told her not to mess with him. I'm hoping she won't be stubborn, defiant, and sneak around behind my back, meeting him places. I don't like that shit."

"I don't think she will. She's smarter than that. She knows she has a baby on the way and I know she wouldn't want to put him in harms way."

"Yeah you right. I'm still gonna be cautious though."

"I would too-"

"Hey Arlie." Nelle said as she came came downstairs and gave him a quick side hug before she sat in between Arlie and I.

"Aye Nelle, how are things?" He asked.

"Things are good. How are things with you?" I guess she decided she wanted to sit in my lap since she made herself comfortable in my lap.

"Oh Arls I got something to show you. It's out back in the hills but we can take the ATV's." I moved Nelle off my lap and got up. "Nelle we'll be back in a few." I walked out the backdoor with Arlie following behind.

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

I wanted to go but I didn't want to ride the ATV's. They were really uncomfortable.

I was sitting on the couch when I heard a knock on the door. I got up and walked over. I didn't bother to look through the peep hole because only like 20 people know where we live.

I opened the door and instantly froze. I couldn't feel anything.

I couldn't believe who was standing at my doorstep.