Chapter 53

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 53 

~Arlie P.O.V.~

~A Week Later~

I woke up to the sound of the irritating alarm. I couldn't believe it was already seven on the dot... last time I looked at that clock it was just a little after two in the morning.

Sitting up in bed, I pressed the button to the alarm and silenced it. Rubbing my eyes and eventually running my hands messily through my hair, I slithered out of bed and peeked out my door to see Nicole was still asleep in her room. I settled with getting myself ready for school and then getting Nicole up before I take her to Mom's.

***

"Aye Arlina." Varo said as he sat up on the table. His eyes flickered up from the phone and looked right at me. I swear, whenever I see those damn green eyes, it makes me just wanna kick his ass. I don't know why I have that feeling but it's always there and I know he knows it too.

"Aye Varito." Lexis turned around and dapped me before I took a seat next to him. "Where's Javier? Nelle and Riley?" The girls weren't here which is why it was oddly quieter. It was still kinda loud because of Varo but that's just a given.

"He went with 'em to the office to get some shit signed." Lexis said. "They should be back shortly." I gave a nod and slipped my hat off so I could fix my hair better underneath. The hat just wasn't sitting right and I'm too blame because I've let my hair get too long... this laziness is really getting the best of me. "How's Nicole?"

"She's fine, just enjoying herself. How's Trey?" Varo fell back onto the table and was nose deep in his phone. Well fuck you too Varo since you don't wanna be part of the conversation.

"He's good. Keeps Nelle and I up late, especially Nelle 'cause I tend to sleep through his cries more." He said with a small laugh. "You hear how much Marcus came back to the trap with last night?"

"Hell yeah I heard. Saw that cash and basically threw a Varo Money Party right there in the main room." Varo said snapping his attention back to us. "Seeing that money was such a beautiful sight."

"I agree." I said. "Varo, why you so into your phone? That's not like you."

"In a group chat with some females. They wild and I'm entertained." The bell eventually rang and I watched the freshmen instantly start making their way to their classes... I could never be like that. I'm lucky if I make it to my class without having to literally be escorted there by campus supervisors. "Ah fuck, is today an A or B day?" Varo asked. "Shit, it could be D day for that one female who walked by. Don't know who let her walk around with jeans like that but I'm not complaining."

"Go get her." Lexis said. "Not like you got any reason not to-" He hopped off that table and took off into that hallway. "-I didn't think he'd actually go after her."

"I expected it. I'll see you at break, I'm leaving now before Heather comes walking through. Not in any mood for her shit today." I dapped him and got up from the table, heading in the almost direction of my class. I don't really feel like dealing with math so I might just stay in the detention room till break. I'm sure they'll let me stay there and sleep.

~Riley P.O.V.~

"How long are you staying on campus?" I asked Nelle since she was walking me to my class like the wonder best friend that she is instead of just ditching me here in this hell hole right away.

"Once I leave you at your class, I'm leaving. I just needed my slip signed." She said as she was putting her hair up in a bun. "You look kinda different... you okay?"