Chapter 46

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 46

~Nelle P.O.V.~

We were quiet the rest of the way mainly because of the fact Varo fell asleep, so it was just Lexis and I keeping each other company. We decided to talk about 'What If' situations, which was honestly pretty funny because his answers always were entertaining.

"So Nelle, What If you were pregnant again?" He asked. I was waiting for this question because it was a question that could easily become a reality so getting his thoughts on it, I was highly curious about.

I looked to the backseat and saw Trey fast asleep as well as the other child in the car, Varo. He was leaning up against Trey's car seat as he slept and his low snores were filling up the back of the car. I let out a small laugh before returning my attention back to the road.

"It would be cute to have another baby, just because babies themselves are cute but way later down the line." I said with a smile. I love children because they're just endless bundles of love, whenever I hold Trey, he just looks back up at me with love and I adore that but can wait a while before bringing another child into the world. "How would you feel if I was pregnant again?"

"Right now, It wouldn't be great. Any other time later down the line, we'd handle it." He said grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together. "I also would want to get my shit together before another child is brought in."

"What do you mean get your shit together?" I asked looking down at our hands.

"Well I was thinkin' about gettin' out of the gang." The second Lexis finished his statement, Varo lunged forward and actually made Lexis and I both jump in our seats.

"You quittin' the gang?" Varo asked. "Like hell you are Lexis. Uh uh you and I didn't get jumped in for nothin'."

"I said I just was thinkin' about it. I wasn't makin' any action of the thought." Lexis said with a small laugh. "This wasn't a decision I was gonna make over night anyways."

"I woulda jumped your ass right back in. You ridin' with IRG till we all die or get too old to remember what three letters we stay representin'." He sat back in his seat and pulled one of my curls back with him.

"Are you happy with that curl?" I asked.

"I still don't understand the mechanics of this curl. I'ma sit here and figure it out." He said with determination clear in his voice.

"Varo it's just hair-"

"Put an eggplant in it Nelle, I'm tryna figure this out. I'ma need some more curls." He reached forward and gathered a handful of my hair, pulling it back towards him. "Leave me be, I'm curious." Lexis and I quickly looked at each other and laughed, leaving Varo to his investigation.

***

We finally arrived at this beautiful campsite. Stepping out of the car, I stretched out my legs and noticed the four of us were the first to arrive ,so we started setting up the tents and the fire pit.

"Okay, so you and me have this tent." Lexis said as he pointed to the big blue tent. "BV and Jay, got the green, leaving Arlie, Nicole, and Varo with the burgundy one." He said. "Javier and Riley said they got their own tent with 'em." I nodded my head as I held a restless Trey.

We arrived kind of late in the day so it was already getting dark out. We had decided to just chill for the night and do various things tomorrow. No more than about 45 minutes later, everyone else showed up.

"Y'all hit traffic too?" Lexis asked Javier as he walked up to us carrying some items. Riley came walking up to me and had a seat.

"Some dumbass rear ended a car so there was a lot of backed up traffic. Before that Riley took forever to get her shit in the car." Javier said in return shooting a look over at Riley.