Chapter 14

When we reapparated at Hogwarts I felt a wave of safety rush over me. I had been kidnapped, drugged, and rescued. That takes a lot out of a person. When we stepped onto the threshold of the Griffindor common room I still holding hands with Cleo and Avery. I hugged Avery until she let out a small squeak. Then I rushed over to Cleo and kissed her. Not a normal kiss, but one of those once in a lifetime magical kisses. She kissed back, and then pulled away.

''Avery tell McGonagall we're back." Cleo shooed Avery out of the room. Avery looked back at me and smiled a little nervously.

"Oh my goodness Henry are you alright? What did they do to you?" Cleo was looking me over like my mother had on my first day of school all those years ago.

"Nothing too terrible," I lied. I didn't want to share all the little details with her.

"He's lying," Flynn spoke up. "I know Muriel, or at least I did, and she always did terrible things to her prisoners."

"Oh my!" Cleo looked as if she was about to faint.

"I was poisoned..." I began before I was interrupted by Cassidy.

"Granger I think you can spare Cleo the details," she said looking at her nails, as if she didn't care, but if she didn't I knew she wouldn't have said anything. She looked up from her nails and at me. I smiled at her and I saw what I thought was a small smile back. I looked down and then back up at Cleo, Christina, Flynn, and Cassidy. I may not have had many friends, but I did have the best ones anyone could ask for and I was greatful for what I did have. My daydream was broken my Avery bursting into the room. Her face was pale as a sheet and her eyes were wide as if she had seen a ghost. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. Flynn stood up and walked over to her. He held her hand and started talking to her in a quiet voice. She opened her mouth and this time words came out. Three words that struck fear into all of our hearts, three words that could srike fear into the hearts of even the greatest of wizards those three words were Voldemort has returned.