Chapter 11

I stood looking at the picture for a long while. It couldn't be real. Avery had never lied to me in her life, and I had never lied to her, we were like siblings. I threw the picture to the ground. I layed on my bed and thought for a long while. Avery would be home tomorrow, I would ask her about it then, Flynn and Christina too, I silently wished myslef a Merry Christmas Eve and drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up I realized with excitement that tomorrow Christmas break would be over. Christmas morning was finally here. I got out of bed and walked over to the small Christmas tree to find a total of seven presents. Avery's was a beautiful bag full of books, Chocolate Frogs, and an odd egg with a note attached to it Keep this under direct sunlight for 24 hours. I'll see you soon Henry!!!  -Avery. Cleo's was next. Her's was a wooden box full of pictures of the two of us. There weren't many recent ones due to the fact that we just got together her's also came with a note Henry I'm sorry I wasn;t there to share Christmas with you, but I hope when I get back I can make up for it.  -Cleo. I wondered what that meant, but didn't give much else thought. My next gift was from my parents and my aunt and uncle Ginny and Harry. It was a new quidditch broom, which I suspected was mostly from my dad and aunt and uncle, and my mothers old copy of The Tales of Beetle the Bard. My mother was really the only one that ever really understood me. I smiled as I flipped through it's torn and stained pages, it reminded me of my mom. I set it down and opened my other presents. Flynn gave me a package of derigible plum seeds. Christina gave me a container of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. It was a pretty nice gift for someone I had just become friends with. The other one was a black box full of the picture Cassidy had given me yesterday. I took the box and threw it on the floor, the pictures flew everywhere. Avery would never lie to me. She would never not tell me something. We were cousins, no we were more than that we were best friends. Cassidy had always hated me. Why should I start believeing her now? I took out my wand from under my pillow and screamed at the top of my lungs Incendio! The box spontaineously combusted into hot orange flames. I got up off my bed and watched the box burn for a while before I changed into my robes and left my room to go greet Avery, Cleo, and Flynn, and eat the delicious Christmas breakfast that awaited me downstairs.

When I got downstairs in the great hall I saw Avery sitting at her usual spot at the Griffindor table. I ran over to her and hugged her. I stuck my hand into my pocket and it found the photo Cassidy gave me. My grip tightened around it, then I pulled my hand from my pocket and grabbed the goblet that was sitting in front of me. I had to wait until it wasn't so public to ask, and I needed to get Avery, Flynn, and Christina together.

When Breakfast finished all the students were excused to go do whatever they wanted. Many went out into the snow. I stood lopking out the big window right outside of the great hall when I saw Cleo running towards me. She jumped into my arms and we kissed for a long while, before she grabbed my hand and led me out of the great hall to my dormitory where Avery, Flynn, and Christina were awating us. I took off my robes and walked over to the bed and sat in between Cleo and Avery. A pile of ashes laid on the floor where the box once was.

"Henry what are these ashes from?" Cleo asked.

"I accidently set fire to one of my books today," I said. It was a terrible lie, they all knew that I was extremely careful with my books. Flynn began talking about his and Avery's romantic weekend, and Cleo excused herself to the ladies bathroom. I knew it was now or never. Ipulled the picture from my pocket.

"Ave, what's this picture from. Cassidy gave it to me yesterday and told you haven't been comepletely truthful with me." The three remaining on my bed looked at the picture in shock, then at eachother, than at me.

"Ave?" I was becoming angry and upset at the same time.

"Henry did Cassidy really give you this?"

"Yes, why would I lie to you?"

"Well, Henry, this picture is from...um..."

"Our summer magic camp," Flynn interjected.

"Oh, I thought you had been lying to me about something dangerous so I wouldn't worry."

"That's the real truth Granger." a voice came from behind me. It was Cassidy.

"Hey guys glad your back!" she walked over and hugged Flynn and Avery.

"How was the hunt for the big M?"

"Cassidy stop." Avery kept looking from me to Cassidy.

"Why Henry's a big boy. He can handle the truth." Cassidy had a wicked smile on my face that told me she was pleased with herself.

"Avery what's she talking about?" I had started to cry. My whole world was shattering around me.

"Oh Granger what's the matter?" Cassidy walked over to me gave an awkward hug. I pushed her away and once again asked Avery what she was talking about.

"Okay Henry sit down it's a long story," Avery shot an icy look at Cassidy who blew her a kiss and walked out of the room.

"Where should I start?" Avery looked at Flynn and Christina for help.

"How about what we are doing in the picture," Flynn tried. I wiped my tear streaked face and listened to Avery's story about her Flynn and Christina being chosen by their parents to find and destroy this new evil names Muriel. She wasn't as bad as Voldemort, not even close, but she was pretty bad. She killed people without a second thought, and used the unforgivable curses like I used Wingardium Leviosa. They were part of the M.F.W.A.W. Muriel Fighting Witches and Wizards. That's where Avery and Flynn had been the whole Christmas break, not at Flynn's aunt Luna's. I got up off the bed slammed my door and walked down the maze of hallway's until I reached Cassidy;s room. I knocked furiously, and when she opened it to find me standing there she smiled.

"Come in Granger, we've been expecting you." I walked in before I noticed she had said we. When I entered the room I was surrounded by what I thought were Death Eaters, but when I looked closer they had big black M's on their cloaks. Cassidy pulled up her sleeve to reveal an M tattoo made out of snakes. She touched it and the snakes moved. A black smoke filled the room and all the Muriel worshippers bowed.

"All hail Muriel the great and powerful!" Cassidy shouted over the loud wind that had suddenly entered the room. SHe pushed me to the floor in a bowing position. I looked up to see a woman with stawberry blonde hair, and bright red lips step from the smoke. She walked over to me and put her pointer finger under my chinand used it to lift my head.

"Hello Henry." she said. Her voice sent shudders through me. She grabbed me by my coller and lifted me off the ground.

"I know your cousin!" she shouted. With that we disapparated out of the room.