Chapter 7

I woke up and screamed. There was no blood. There was no Cassidy. There was no Flynn. It had all been a dream. I was so scared, I curled up in a ball and started to cry. I sat there for about an hour before Avery came in and found me.

"Henry what's wrong?!'' she squealed. She rushed over to me and shook me. I didn't say anything. It was like I couldn't. I wanted to, but I couldn't. Avery finally convinced me to stop crying finnaly, but when I stopped I fell asleep.

I woke up in the hospital wing a few days later I guess. When I woke up Cleo was holding my hand. When I opened my eyes she let go of it and picked up a book.

"Oh Henry you're awake. I have been sitting reading for..."

"Cleo I saw you holding my hand." I said. I couldn't see my face but I knew I was blushing. I really liked Cleo. She was smart, pretty, and kind. I had tried to ask her out so many times, but I chickened out everytime. I don't know why, but I decided now was the time.

"Hey Cleo...I...um..." I didn't know what to say.

"What is it Henry?" she asked as she pushed her hair behind her ear. I loved it when she did that.

"I was wondering if you would...go out with me."

"Oh. Um..." She was taking too long to answer. I braced myself for the worst.

"Yes." I looked up at her.

"Yes?!'' I said a little too excitedly.

"Yes." she said again picking up her book and turning to leave. She got up out of her chair and began to leave. WHen she reached the big oak doors leading to the hallway, she dropped the book ran back to my bed and kissed me. It wasn't just a kiss it was a real kiss. I had never been kissed before, so I didnt know what to do. I just sat there like a board, and let her kiss me. WHen she finished she ruffled my hair, and skipped out of the room. I had just had my first kiss in the hospital wing.