Chapter 5

The day after my Flynn incident I was very jumpy and paranoid. I had never done unrequired magic before, and I did not want to start a habit of it. When Flynn caught up with me after potions I didn't really want to talk, but I thought maybe I could get him to tell me what he had been doing in my room last night.

"Hello Henry how have you been?" His voice was deep, and he wore the strangest glasses I had ever seen. They were pink and had odd designs on them, and one lens was blue and the other red, almost like muggle 3D glasses. His eyes were hidden, but I knew that one was green and the other blue.

"I've been fine. Hey listen Flynn, about you being in my room last night..."

"Sorry, I left something in there..."

"When? You never come in my room." I was utterly puzzled. Flynn and I were more...acquaintances than friends. I mean he was nice and all but he was so nonsenseical. I was a very factual person and all he talked about were derigible plums and naragles. I listened to his rants and raves about the silly things though, not for my own enjoyment, but for Avery's sake. She really liked him, and I knew he liked her. I needed to change the subject.

"What do you think of Avery?" I asked, a hint of desperation in my voice.

"She is nice...I was thinking..." he was stalling. I had to move this along, I had places to be.

"Thinking of asking her out." He said very matter-of-factly. I was suddenly very interested.

"Oh, well a little birdy told me she likes you too."

"Are you sure it wasn't a naragle? They sometimes like to whisper things in the ears. I get little messages quite a bit actually."

"I'm positive it was a little bird. You should go for it. I'm sure it will all work out in your favor." He turned and looked around as if someone might be listening in on our convorsation and said, "I will." With that he turned and left me standing there, wondering why he was really in my dorm the night I became a rule breaker.