Chapter 9

On the way back to my dormitory I made a silent promise to myself that Cassidy wouldn't always win. I would win one time. No you won't a voice in my head told me. Shut up I told the voice.

I was almost to my dorm when Avery caught up with me.

"Hey Henry I have to tell you something," she was looking at the floor, I knew it was bad news.

"What is it Avery?" I was concerned.

"Flynn and I are leaving,"

"Forever?!" I was about to cry when she explained.

"No! He is taking me on a romantic weekend. We are going to his Aunt Luna's." she seemed excited and sad at the same time.

"Speaking of romance have you seen Cleo anywhere."

"She went home yeaterday. She told me to tell you she had to leave in a hurry her mom didn't tell her. It was a surprise for Christmas."

"Oh so I'll be alone on Christmas..."

"You have...Hagrid!" she was trying to make me feel better. It was true I did have Hagrid, he had been mine and Avery's family friend since before we were born.

"Well I have to go pack, take care of yourself Henry." with that she smiled, hugged me, and left. I was then left standing alone, it's funny how sometimes the situations were are left in reflect the way we feel. Now I was as alone as I felt.