Chapter 8

The day after Cleo and I kissed I was released from the hospital wing. I roamed around the halls for a while. It was Christmas break. Lot's of people were probably home, but I had told my parents I wanted to stay here, to study. I knew the real reason was so I could figure out what was going on with Flynn and Cassidy. I had become kind of...obsessed with finding the answer. I was convinced that the run in I had with Cassidy and Flynn had not been a dream. I felt the blood. I heard Cassidy's threat. I saw Flynn's angry face. I knew it had been real and not a dream. Everyone else probably thought I was a lunatic now after I was taken to the hospital wing for passing out after I cried about a "dream" I had.

"Henry hi!" Cleo said as she kissed me. This time I kissed back. When she pulled away she was smiling.

"I've missed you a lot."

"Since yesterday?" I asked laughing.

"No...You've been...distant lately. You seem better now." She seemed genuinly happy. I hadn't ever seen her this happy. Her dad (Seamus Finnagin) died when she was just little. She only had her mom left. I had no idea how that felt. I had both of my parents. Uncle Harry had no parents when he was little, but he grew up okay. I didn't know very much about Uncle Harry's life before now, or my parents for that matter. I knew nothing of the Wizarding World before now, and I didn't like it. I read all about the history of Hogwarts and Wizards who had done great things in the past, but I knew nothing of the years right before I was born. Avery ran up to me and broke my daydream.

"Henry! Henry guess what?!" she was so happy. I could tell. We were cousins, but we were also best friends. I don't know what I would do without her and Cleo.

"What?" I asked smiling.

"Flynn asked me out!!!" she squealed.

''Oh my god Avery that's awesome!" I was so happy for her. Then I saw somthing out of the corner of my eye that caught my full attention. Cassidy and Flynn walking side by side. They appeared to be having a heated convorsation. When Flynn saw me and Avery he pulled out his wand and looked like threaten Cassidy. Cassidy then did the same. Flynn put away his wand. Cassidy had won. I wondered if that was how it was always going to be.