Chapter One

Y/n pov

"Y/n," The doctor started, sadness in his voice, "I'm sorry, but your mother's dying, and there's nothing we can do to stop it." I felt my world shatter. My mom would be dead....in the next 24 hours. Sure...she ignored me sometimes....and left me alone.....but I loved her! I looked down, holding back tears. She recently fell ill, and had to be put in a hospital. I stayed by her side the rest of the time I had. A few hours until I had to leave. She was unconscious, a machine keeping her heart going. "Visiting hours are over dear, you have to go home." A nurse said, not caring that I was crying beside my dying mother. "I promise," I whispered, "I'll make sure you live. No matter what."
I walked home, in the darkness. How would I keep my promise? Finally, I reached my home, walking up the steps, and opening the door. The house was empty, and cold....and lonely. I walked in slowly, thinking. Then, an idea struck me. I ran up the stairs, opening the crowded closet no one ever used. I searched for the ancient box. Finally, I found it, pulling it out. The words were scratched off, but I knew what it was. Brushing the thick layer of dust off, I starred at it. Then, I went into my room, opened it. I read the rules, 'Make sure all the doors are shut and locked' check, 'Make sure you're alone' check, 'Be prepared for the worst.' Check. I set the black candles out, lighting them one by one. Then read the words. Some kind of ancient tongue I couldn't understand. What am I doing? I paused. I'm actually trying this. Summoning a demon. I never believed in this....but I'll try anything at this point. Finally, I uttered the finally words. All the candles went out. I froze, not actually expecting anything to happen. Then....they bursted into flames, high, blue flames. Laughed sounded from the room, before two figures appeared out of thin air. I was so terrified...I couldn't scream. They both starred at me with huge grins. "Another stupid girl doing a dare?" One with long black hair hissed. The other, one with bright red eyes snickered, "Looks like it." "The usual routine then?" He asked, red flames appearing in his hands. "But we don't even know why she was dumb enough to even think of this!" "Fine, be glad it was me instead of Suki. He wouldn't ask questions. Just, the usual blank look, then blood everywhere!" They talked like I wasn't in the room with them. I wish I wasn't, regretting what I did. No....I didn't. "Well." The red eyed one hissed, glaring at me, "Tell us why we're here." I hesitated, "M-my..." I felt intimidated, and terrified. "Speak!" The other one yelled, his eyes turned pure black. I yelped, "M-my mothers dying. A-and...I-I'll do anything if you save her." I suddenly felt confident. They glanced at each other. Then smirked. Both of there eyes turned black, "Deal."
The one with black hair disappeared. I yelped as I was suddenly pulled to my feet by him -he was now behind me-. "Just sign the contract." He whispered. An old looking paper appearing in front of me. I hesitantly took it. I couldn't even read it! It was the same language I couldn't understand. But regardless, I looked at him, "Which what?" A -Old looking as well- ink feathered pen appeared in his hand. He grabbed my arm, stabbing it into my arm. I held back a scream. He ripped it out, now dripping with blood, handing it to me. I took it with my good arm. Signing the contract with my own blood. They both began to laugh psychotically. That both hissed, "Awful mistake."