Chapter 11

Midterms this week and I'm stressing out. "Ro we need to pass this damn test."I say closing my book. "We will stop stressing !" She says laughing. "Shit I don't know how you're not stressing.". "Maybe you need Odell to dick ya down relieve some of that stress." She says. "Girl I need you to have a seat , Odell ain't dicking nobody down." I laugh.

"How you feeling about August?" I ask. "He's cool and everything but I'm not feeling his whole player type vibe." She says. "I feel you , he really isn't that bad though maybe you'll be the chick to make him settle down." I say. She laughs "I guess girl , what's up with him and that Toya chick?". "They were talking but he just wasn't feeling her like that." I say honestly. "Hmm someone extra salty!" She says.

My phone vibrates against the table, it's August. :Where you at?: I open up my phone and reply, : The room with Ro studying.: As soon as I go to put my phone down its a knock on the front door. "Ro do you mind getting that?" I ask already knowing its August. "Sure Ary." She leaves out the room. "What good lil baby?" She laughs, "Hi August." They walk into the room. "What's good best friend? What y'all doing?" I look down at the book and back at him, "What does it look like?" He mushes me and goes to sit on the bed.

"Aye bruh I'm hungrier than a fucking lion what can't find any antelope." I laugh, "Where did that metaphor come from?" He glances over at Ro then pulls out his phone. :Honestly I don't fucking know. She makes me nervous on the low man.: I laugh out loud literally. Royalty looks up from her book. "Im sorry Ro." I apologize.

"So let's go to breakfast." August says hopping off the bed. "Sure I wasn't reading anything important." Royalty says standing up. "You're smart enough." August says. Ro smiles as we leave out. I wish Dell could come with we all seem to mesh well together when the four of us go out. But unfortunately he's stuck in practice.

We get back to the room with out leftovers. That was really fun. Ro aunt was there with her lil cousins and they were hilarious. We all sit back down in the same spots we left out in. "Ro yo auntie look like she's was feeling the boy." Royalty laughs, "Try that if you want too August." "I rather have her niece." "Would you really?... Ary don't act like I didn't hear Lil Mac say you're his girlfriend. Odell got some competition now." Ro teases. I laugh, "Your lil cousins are so cuteeee though I think Dell would understand."

Toya walks into the room. "Whats good y'all?" She says with an attitude. I wonder what's buggin her? "Damn no invite?" She asks looking at all our boxes. "It was kind of a spur of the moment thing." I answer . I hate these type of situations it's so awkward. "Hm that's fine. Guess I've been replaced by that with the both of you." She says looking at me and Aug. "Ha. Well that's my cue to exit... Thanks for the breakfast August." "It's no problem Royalty." She gathers up her things. "IHOP's a cheap date for a queen." Why is Toya doing this? "Well at least this queen has standards where did yours get you besides a one night stand?" Royalty says and then leaves out the door. I am speechless.

I guess that's what Toya gets she's been throwing shade since yesterday. I can't even look at her without or I'll bust out laughing. I look at August and he has this smirk on his face. Poor Toya hopefully she recover from that.