Gyrospehre of Influence

We were on our way to the Gyrosphere ride when I get a call.

"You got Ellie, what's up?" I said casually.

"Hello Dr. Grant. It's me." replied Dr. Wu.

"Hey Doc. What's happening?"

"I need you to come to the lab right away. It's the Indominus."He said rather agitated.

"Ok. I'k on my way." I said before hanging up.

"What's wrong babe?" Owen asked.

"Dr. Wu just called. He needs me in the lab right away. I'll be back as soon as I can. Make sure my parents don't get lost." I said before giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Ok. Be safe." he said before kissing my forehead.

"Mom, dad. I have to go the lab. I'll be back as soon as I can."I said as i gave them a quick hug.

"Ok. Don't keep us waiting too long. These dino's don't stay stuck in the ground you know." my dad said.

"I know dad." I replied after chuckling.

"The line is long you'll probably make it back in time." my mom said laughing.

-----

"Dr. Wu!" I said as I ran into the lab.

"Dr. Grant, finally."

"What happened?" I asked out of breath.

"The eggs, they didn't survive. The hybrids were too big." he said devastated.

He walked me over to the incubator. I looked in to see my two eggs broken and a dinosaur that was undefined.

"She's a big one isn't she?" I asked as i picked up the unborn dinosaur.

"Yes. That means she'll be bigger as an adult." Dr. Wu said.

"That means we need bigger eggs."

"And we need to get rid of these." Henry said as he held up a box of matches.

"I guess I'll do it." I said quietly.

I grabbed a metal container and went over to the fume hood. I laid both dino's and egg shells in the container and set them on fire. After 10 minutes there was nothing left to burn. I put a lid on it to make the fire die down and grabbed a large test tube. I put the ashes in there and put them in storage with other dino ashe's I've had to do.

"With failure comes a lesson learned." Dr. Wu said quietly.

I turned to him and started to cry.

"It's ok Ms. Elizabeth. We'll get started on two more next week." he said.

"Did you just say my first name?" I said laughing a little.

Yes I sure did." he said after laughing.

- 1 hour later-

"Hey babe! How was your meeting?" Owen said after getting off the gyrosphere.

"Informative." I said after doing a fake laugh.

Gosh I hate keeping secrets from him.

"Do you want to go grab a bite?" dad asked as he hugged me.

"Only if it's not from the dinosaurs." I said laughing.