Trials

*Yesterday afternoon*

I arrived to Dr. Wu's lab and greeted him. We walked to the back of the lab and he scammed his thumb on a little pad on the wall. A door opened and we walked in. There were tanks with different animals that I've only seen in pictures.

"So, what kinda of dinosaur are we creating here?" I asked looking at a strange fish.

"An intelligent hybrid. Big, scary, smart." He said coolly.

We walked to his computers and went on his special program to test genes.

"So how big?" I asked.

"He wants bigger than the tyrannosaur, I was thinking of using that as the base gene." He said typing stuff in.

"Alright." I said typing away also.

*five hours later*

"I've tried different sequences and all of them are failing." I said slamming my head on the desk.

"It's ok. We'll try again tomorrow. Go check on your raptor eggs." He said smiling.

I grabbed my papers and took my USB drive out of the computer. I start to put it in my bag when Dr. Wu stops me.

"Do not show anyone that drive. Clear?" He said sternly.

I look at him a little shaken up. "Crystal clear."

"Have a good day Dr. Grant." He says happily.

I quickly walk out and go to my lab. I see a note neatly folded on my desk an I open it.

"Meet me at the lake later.

-Owen."

I smile and check the eggs real quick, and write down data. I put my stuff away and drive to the lake behind my house. I took my heels off and walked through the soggy grass.

"Hey Ow." I said happily.

"Hey Ells." He said smiling.

It was weird having him live with me at first, but being with him feels like old times. I like it.

"Wanna have some s'mores?" He says as he stacks some wood on the ground.

"Sure. I'm gunna go change inside real quick." I

"Ok. Don't take too long princess." He says then chuckling.

I slap him im the back of his head lightly and head inside. I open the door and Sierra greets me with a series of meows.

"Well hello to you too little lady." I pick her up and take her to my room. I change into shorts, an oversize sweater, and some Uggs. I head outside with Sierra following behind.

"How is the paddock coming along?" I ask as I sit next to Owen.

"They are coming along perfectly. We have the best engineers according to Claire."

"She gets the best for the best."

"You think I'm the best?" He says flirtatiously.

"Shut up owen." I say quickly.

"Its ok. I think you're the best." he says.

I put a marshmallow on a stick and put it in the fire. I watch the sunset as Owen wraps an arm around me.

*Friday Morning*

I wake up to the smell of pancakes and coffee. I put my hair in a bun and go to the kitchen.

"Morning sleeping beauty."

"Morning Ow."

"How did you sleep?"

"Good. It got a little chilly last night. I left the window open again." I said as I poured coffee.

"Yeah it felt nice outside. Want some pancakes?"

"Yes please. I'm starving." I lay my head on the counter on the verge of falling back asleep.

"Dr. Wu called. He said he had an important meeting and that he couldn't make it today. He said to work on the project here and to have the rest of the day off." Owen said as he put a plate of food in front of me.

"Bless your soul."

He chuckles and puts the pan in the dishwasher.

"I'll come by around noon. Get some rest Ells." He said.

"Ok. Have fun at work." I said as I walked him to the door.

"I will." He said after hugging me