I love-

Chapter 10
Newts pov
I promised my mom I wouldn't miss anymore school and I didn't want to break my promise to my mom because of Thomas. So after I cried all my tears I went to class. The rest of the afternoon was hell, all I wanted to do was go home.

When the bell finally rang I didn't hesitate one second before I jumped up and started running. I couldn't drive with Tommy and the house wasn't that far so I decided to walk.

I got home before Tommy and ran straight to our room. I contemplated on locking the door but figured he'd have a key anyway. I collapsed on the bed and started crying again. I thought I had already cried out all my tears.

Why am I being such a baby? It's not like we were dating and he cheated on me or some shit, so why am I crying? Then answer to that is because it hurts, I don't know why, but it hurts so bad.

I heard the door open and I new it was time to face Tommy. What I was going to say, that I still didn't know.

"Newt!" Tommy called a few times before I heard him coming up the stairs, this was it.

"Newt." He gasped when he opened the door and saw what a mess I was, "what happened!" He came running to me.

"No! No! Get away from me!" I scream backing up, the tears still coming down my face.

"Newt..." He looks torn at my actions,"Please just tell me what's wrong."

"H-how ccc-could youuu?" I whisper.

"Do what?" He also whispers.

"You made me tell you everything! Everything god damn about me I didn't want to tell but you couldn't tell me this one god damn thing about you that changes everything! Tell me, how could you never mention him once?! Did you just somehow magically forget about your boyfriend of a YEAR! I thought. I thought. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT I THOUGHT! But I guess it doesn't matter now because I know what ever I thought never meant anything to you!" All I could do was scream and cry. How could none of this meant anything to him? He was the reason I was excited to live in LA.

"Newt please let me explain. Me and Ethan-"

"DON'T SAY HIS NAME!" His name made it hurt even more. Just the fact that he stood there and confirmed it, crushed any hope I had of this all being a misunderstanding.

Tommy was now crying. He shouldn't be the one crying. He's the one that hid this from me.

"Me and him are together Newt, but I don't want to be, I don't love him, I-i love-"

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yell running out of the room and to the only other person I new I could trust.

Lydia.

Thomas's pov (just to make chapter longer😁)
After 15 minutes Newt didn't show up at my car so I figured he had something going on or found another drive home.

I pulled into the driveway and the house looked pretty empty but you never know, Newt could be hiding in a corner reading a book. That's one of the things I love about him. He can just shut everybody out, all his problems, and read. He puts himself into the book and he gets so deep into it it's impossible to break him out of his trance. That's one thing I could never do, I could never get into a book like him.

I get into the house and I shout Newts name a couple times but I get no reply. Whatever, he's probably not home. I go to the door to take my shoes off when I notice Newts shoes are there. So he is home, maybe he is reading like I guessed and was just toning me out.

I walk up the stairs and into our room.

"Newt." I gasp. His shirt was soaked with tears, his face was red and blotchy and his eyes were blood shot.

"What happened!" I yelled running to him.

"No! No! Get away from me!" He yells.

I stumble backwards, that was like a blow to the heart. I can't even process why he would say that.

"Newt.... Please just tell me what's wrong."

"H-how ccc-could youuu?" He whispers. He looks so, so fragile, like if I say one things wrong he is gonna break.

"Do what?" Whatever I did I want to take it back and make Newt smile again.

"You made me tell you everything! Everything god damn about me I didn't want to tell but you couldn't tell me this one god damn thing about you that changes everything! Tell me, how could you never mention him once?! Did you just somehow magically forget about your boyfriend of a YEAR! I thought. I thought. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT I THOUGHT! But I guess it doesn't matter now because I know what ever I thought never meant anything to you!"

I can't help it anymore, I start crying too. Ethan. This is all because Ethan. He knows now and there is nothing I can do to fix this. I want to hold him in my arms and tell him everything, but I can't, he hates me now. I still have to try, I can't have Newt hate me.

"Newt please let me explain. Me and Ethan-"

"DONT SAY HIS NAME!" I can see the hurt look cross Newts face the moment I say his name. I caused this pain, I hurt my baby.

"Me and him are together Newt, but I don't want to be, I don't love him, I-i love-"

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" He yells. And then he's gone.

I have to fix this. Me and Ethan have been dating for over a year, but I don't love him, I realized that a couple months ago and then when Newt came I realized I didn't even like him anymore. I didn't tell Newt about him because I wanted to break up with him, but it's hard. He's a nice person and I don't want to hurt him, but he deserves someone better, someone who loves him and I can't do that; because I'm in love with Newt.