Chapter 13

[Kalin]

Nikki wanted to go home after so we brought her home and all she said was "bye k." in a whisper. She's upset. I need to talk to Myles about him and Nikki and also Melissa. I waited for her to get inside and pulled out of her driveway. During the drive home Melissa was singing every song that came on the radio. Her voice is so shaky. We finally got home and Melissa left with her car and went to her house.

We got inside and Myles sat down on the couch. I sat down on the other couch. Here goes nothing.
"Yo Myles." I say. "Wassup" he replied. "You know Nikki still got feelings for you right? She's hurt seeing you be all lovey dovey with Melissa. Don't you miss your bestfriend?" I ask. "I do miss my bestfriend. But it's not my fault she has feelings for me. I don't want to ruin our friendship." "Friendship? It's already ruined! She's hurt because of you! Don't you get it!? She's inlove with you and all you do is push her away. You think it's her fault when it's actually yours. Melissa was jealous of you and Nikki but not anymore. Melissa is the reason you lost your bestfriend. Wake up Myles! You're dating the wrong person! You've lost an important person in your life. You better hope she'll forgive you by you pushing her away. You've been bestfriends since kindergarten and you let a girl come between you guys. What a shame."  I said getting up and walking out the door leaving Myles speechless.

[Myles]

Woah.  I was not expecting that. Nikki loves me.. But I like Melissa. I miss Nikki but I thought she was happy for me. I decided to text her to see if she is okay.

Myles😛💘: Hey Nikki. You okay? You seemed upset earlier. And I kinda need to talk to you.

About 10 minutes later ny phone goes off.

Nikki😻❣: Yeah. It's nothing. So what do you need to talk about?
Myles😛💘: Can I come over? I don't want to talk over text.
Nikki😻❣: Uhm sure. Is everything okay?
Myles😛💘: Yeah. I'll be over in 10.

[Nikki]

That was weird I wonder what's going on. About 10 minutes later the doorbell goes off. I walk over to the front door and open it to see a nervous looking Myles. "Hey Myles." "Hi, can I come inside?" he asks. I nod and move out of the way. He makes his way to the couch and sits down. "Myles what's going on? Why are you acting so weird?" I ask. "Do you still have feelings for me?" I hear him ask. I look at him straight and the eye. I couldn't say anything. I was frozen. I did not see that coming. "Nicole do you still have feelings for me or not!?" He yelled. " Why do you need to know!? It's not like it'll matter anyway." I say avoiding eye contact. "Look, I'm sorry okay. I just need to know. It does matter. I don't know who I love. I'm so confused." He explains. "You love Melissa?" I whisper. This is so upsetting. It sounds like he just came here to tell me he loves her. Or does he love me? No, he's with Melissa. "Look Myles, I don't know what you want but-" I was cut off by soft lips crashing into mine. I felt fireworks but I quickly pulled away. "Myles. You're with Melissa what are you doing?" I asked. "Don't tell me you didn't feel something in that kiss. Nikki I think I just found out who I love." He cries out.