Chapter Thirty-Two

*A/N once I heard this song, I just knew it was the perfect song for them!

Chapter Thirty-Two (Grant’s POV)

          The school year was coming to an end and I couldn’t be happier. Don’t get me wrong I loved teaching but I was looking forward to spending the whole summer with my buttercup. My plan was to take him to Rome; he has never been outside of Florida. What better place than Rome for his first trip.

            I finished up packing up my room and walked next door. I peered in and found him hunched over his desk; I walked up behind him and grabbed him around his waist lifting him off the floor. “Ah put me down you jackass!” he yelled as he tried to get out of my hold

         “What did I tell you about being hunched over like that,” I whispered in his ear. “You know I can’t help myself,” I nibbled on his earlobe as he groaned and tried to squirm out of my hold.

          “Stop it Grant, I have an important email I need to reply back to.” I kissed him one more time before I put him back down. Walked back to his desk and looked at the screen of his laptop.

          “So what’s this important email about?” I leaned against his desk as I watched him type away on the keyboard.

         “Brett finally got a publisher interested in my book. They sent me an email about wanting to set up a meeting.” I felt my heart drop; we were supposed to be in Rome for two months. Now he was going to want to cancel our trip, because this was his dream.

       It would be selfish to ask him to forget about it, just because it was going to ruin what I had planned for us. “So when is this meeting?”

       “They want to meet next week.” I frowned; he smiled as he placed his hands on my chest. “I told them I couldn’t do next week, that I had plans already and if they couldn’t accept that, then I guess I’ll have to pass on the offer.”

      “Buttercup you shouldn’t have, this is your dream and you have been waiting for this moment. We can postpone the trip for some other time; you have to go to this meeting. I wouldn’t feel right letting you pass this up.” He reached up and kissed me softly on my lips.

       “They said it was fine and they will see me when I get back.”

       “Really?”

       “Yes, they really loved my story and are very interested to get into publishing LGBT stories especially ones teens can relate.” I wrapped my arms around his waist and lifted him off the floor. He wrapped his arms around my neck and smiled at me.

        “That’s great buttercup,” I kissed him. “I’m so happy for you, I told you it was going to happen for you.”

        “I know and if you hadn’t believed in me so much, I would have never had the courage to send out copies to agents.” 

        “You’re truly going onto bigger and better things buttercup.”

                                         <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

         My plan for this whole trip was to show Joaquin everything there is to see in Rome. I was going to show him what a beautiful and wonderful place Rome is. He deserved to see the world and I was going to make sure he did.