Chapter Thirty-One

*A/N Oh my god just so you guys know this was so hard to write! Haha but seriously I hope y'all enjoy!

Chapter Thirty-One

It had been two months since I had confronted my father and it had really helped me. He no longer held that fear I use to feel when he was mentioned. After all those years of fearing him, I was truly free and I could breathe again.

It even felt better knowing that I was able to apology to everyone guy I had hurt.  I was truly moving on to bigger and better things. Well that's what Dr. Howard tells me, I was still waiting to hear from Brett about getting a publisher. Once that happens I can truly believe things were really turning out good for me.

Now the school year was almost coming to an end and tonight Grant and I were going to chaperone the spring dance for the underclassmen. We didn’t really have a choice, the students had asked and asked if we would chaperone, until we finally caved in.

We loved our students and just couldn’t bear to disappoint them.  They were a great bunch of kids and they never once gave us any problems.

"God it's been a long time since I have been to a school dance." Grant said as he stood behind me, he helped me finish buttoning up my shirt. "It was my junior year and it was a winter formal. It also happened to be the same time I had finally accepted the fact I was gay."

"Oh yeah and did you go with a guy to the formal?" He chuckled as he pulled me closer to him.

"That would be a no; I had a girlfriend at the time, so it was kind of an awkward moment when I told her I was breaking up with her because I was gay."

"Oh my god, what did she say?" I covered my mouth, trying to hide my smile. Grant reached up and moved my hand away from my mouth.

“I know you want to laugh, go ahead because even though it was awkward, she wasn’t mad. She told me she kind of had a feeling I was but just didn’t know how to ask me. I had kept it a secret until the end of my junior year. Family wasn’t happy about that and that is why my senior year I went to a private school and also had my first boyfriend.”

“Why did you keep it a secret?”

“Well you know how teenagers are, I didn’t want people to make fun of her and that she was the reason I turned gay. She was a sweet girl and I didn’t want people to tease her about that.”

“Aw so you weren’t always a jackass.”

“Funny, so are you ready to get this torture over with?”

“It’s not torture, you should feel honor that out of all the teachers they requested us. We are the cool teachers, well I am I think they just took pity on you.” I smirked at him.

“You know you should really consider being a comedian, you’re a laugh riot.” I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah and you can be my dummy.”

“You’re so mean, but that’s want I love about you.” Grant pulled me closer to him and kisses me deeply. Even after being with him all those months, he always knew how to leave me breathless.

                                         <><><><><><><><><><>

We walked into the school gym, they had it all decorated to look like a night club. “Is it me or does this oddly looks like we just walked into club boom?” Grant asked as we walked over to the other chaperones.

“You know it really does, all it’s missing at the half naked dances.” It really did, they had even set up a bar like area for the refreshments. “So tell me again who was in charge of decorating the place?”