Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

        “Ok I want all the details.” Aden said as I walked into the kitchen the next morning.

         “Good morning to you too,” I opened the fridge and pulled a bottle of water.

         “Yeah yeah good morning and it’s more like good afternoon, so come on spill how was it. By the way I see he took you to Isabella, what you do order the whole menu?”

         “Shut up, I wasn’t planning on ordering that much food, I didn’t see the waitress there and just started saying everything I liked. By the time I was done she had written everything down and Grant asked if she got everything. I told him it was too much food but he said it was ok, that it was his job to wine and dine me. If my heart desires to eat until I couldn’t eat no more then so be it.” Aden was smiling at me and I couldn’t help but smile too.

           “Aw that is so sweet. By the way I’m heating up most of it so if you want something to eat since it is noon. So what happened that you got in so late?” Aden wiggled his eyebrows.

          “Nothing happened you perv, we just lost track of time.” After we got out of the restaurant we had just decided to take a walk on the beach. It had been a long time since I just walked on the beach. I smiled at how much fun I had last night, never thought I would have this much fun with a guy that didn’t involve sex.

         “Whatever something happened, you have the biggest smile on your face right now.” Aden passed me a plate of food, “so tell me about this wonderful date of yours.”

        “He took me bowling.”

         “Shut up for real?” I nodded my head as I placed a meatball in my mouth. “So how was it, since I know you have never been bowling before?”

         “It was fun, I mean I almost busted my ass but Grant caught me before I did.”

          “Aw he seems to always be there to catch you when you fall.” I rolled my eyes.

           “Shut up you make it sound so corny.” I twirl my fork in the noodle.

            “Sometimes corny is good and it seems to make you happy. I'm glad to see you smiling more again; it’s been a while since I see a real smile on your face.” He was right, I hadn’t had much to smile about but being with Grant, I just can’t help but smile. Even when he is getting under my skin or just pissing me off

      “Well it feels good to smile again,” I smiled again thinking about last night. It was the best night I have ever had.

       “So what did you two do after the restaurant?”

        “We just took a walk on the beach,” I smiled again, god I can’t believe just how simple the whole night was but it was great.

            “Huh yeah sure it was just a walk on the beach. Yeah I'm just going to ignore all the sand you brought in with you last night and your soggy wet shoes. By the way your cleaning that up and all the sand you left in the bathroom as well.” I rolled my eyes at him, I swear it was like living with my mom sometimes.

       “We both know that it just wasn’t a walk on the beach, so you going to tell me or am I going to have to beat it out of you.” I rolled eyes again, normally I would say I’ll like to see you try but lately either I'm becoming weak or he is getting strong.

          “Ok we just ended up making out on the beach that’s all. Like you told him, don’t pressure me into doing something I wasn’t ready.”