Chapter Twenty-Nine

Wow chapter twenty-nine, haha this story was never supposed to be this long but the love y'all have shown for it had made me want to write more for it! Well guys the time has come, the moment we have be waiting and no guys its not that scene just yet! ;)

Oh make sure to listen to the song, I think it fits perfect with this chapter!

Chapter Twenty-Nine

The whole flight from Fort Lauderdale to Starke, I just kept thinking about what I was going to say or do when I see my father again. I had spent most of the night lying awake in bed, while Grant slept with his arms around me. It gave me comfort to know he was there, but it didn't help much with all the scenarios going through my head.

Now here I was looking at myself in the mirror, I looked horrible. I had dark circles and bags under my eyes, my skin was pale looking. Maybe I wasn't ready; maybe it was too soon to face him, but then I think about what this means if I do it. I looked over at Grant, he was still sleeping. Doing this meant we can finally be together.

So I decided today was the day I was going to finally face my father after all these years. I was scared and nervous, I didn't know what to expect. I was lucky to have Grant by my side; I don't think without his support I would have the courage to do this on my own.

It felt like I was going to face the devil himself, that's how scared I was. I was so scared I felt like the same fourteen boy that would cringe every time he saw him. Ten years is how long he has been in there and ten years for him to let the anger and hatred he felt for me grow.

He got thirty years and now he only had twenty more to go. To how he was being treated there I didn't know, nor did I want to know. The only thing I wished was he was getting a taste of his own medicine.

"Buttercup, have you been up all night?" Grant asked as he hugged me from behind.

"Yes," he rested his head on my shoulder and kissed me.

"You don't have to do this if you're truly not ready. Don't do it for me, I waited all this time and a while longer isn't going to hurt me." I turned around to face him.

"I know and don't flatter yourself," I smiled at him. "I'm doing this for us and it's time that I finally close this chapter in my life." I rested my head on his chest.

"Just remember I'll by your side the whole time and if you need me to step in I will." He kissed my forehead. "Come on we can still sleep some more." He took my hand in his and led us back to the bed, I snuggled closer to him. Listening to his heartbeat soothes me back to sleep.

The closer we got to the prison, the more nervous I got. My palms were sweaty, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I think I was on the verge of having a panic attack. Grant intertwined his fingers with mine. "It's not too late to turn around," I took a deep breath.

"No I want to do this, just stay by my side."