Chapter Twenty-Three

Nothing like getting woken up by having your face licked. Lola was licking my face, she needed to go outside. It had been a month since I got her and I loved her. “Ok Lola I’m up,” she barked happily as I groaned to sit up. I looked over at Grant and he still was a sleep, lucky he didn’t have to wake up to take Lola out, but I wouldn’t trade her for anything.

We walked down the sidewalk until she found her spot; I shiver a little as the wind blew. It was a bit chilly, but then again it was early morning in January. I rubbed my arms as I thought about what Grant said to me. He thought I should see a therapist, to talk about my past. I told him I would think about it.

I just didn’t like the fact I would have to tell a complete stranger about what happened to me. It wasn’t something I wanted people to know about, but I know he just wanted me to feel better about myself. I just wanted to move on and just be happy with Grant.

So if talking to a complete stranger was going to help then so be it. I cleaned up after Lola and we walked back to the house. Lola walked off to her bed and I walked back to my room. Grant was still asleep; I crawled into our bed and snuggled up to him. I placed my cold hands on his bare chest.

“Ugh buttercup, why do you have to put your cold hands on me?” Grant groaned as he opened his eyes. I chuckled as he took my hands in his and kissed them. “How was your walk?”

“Good but cold, maybe you should take Lola out for once?”

“Hum sure, but I don’t think she likes me.” I chuckled.

“It because you don’t spoil her like I do and you are always rushing her.”

“Buttercup I refuse to wait twenty minutes for her to decide on a spot she walked over five times, I do have better things to do.”

“She’s a puppy you can’t get mad at her for that.” Grant groaned as he moved closer to me. “I get the feeling you love Lola more than you love me now.” He pouted his lips; I leaned in closer and kissed him gently.

“Well she is cuter than you.” I chuckled as he stuck out his tongue at me before he rolled over and had his back to me.

“Well I hope she’s a good kisser then!” he said over his shoulder. I chuckled as I moved closer to him. Place my arm around him as I kissed him on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry her kisses are too sloppy and of course her horrible doggy breath." Grant chuckled as he turned to face me. "You know you will be the one I always love; no one or thing could ever replace you." I kissed him lightly; he smiled and held me close to him.

"You will always be the one I love too, buttercup."

"I'm ready," I looked up at Grant and brushed his knuckles along my cheek.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I want to be happy and the only to do that is to get help. I love you Grant and I wants us to live a happy life together."

"You know if you’re not ready, you don't have too?"

"I know it's not going to be easy, but I have to do this for us."

"Are you really sure?" I nodded my head. "I'll call Dr. Howard later today."

"Thank you and will you come with me, I think having you there will make it easier to talk about." Grant kissed me on top of my head.

"Of course buttercup, anything you want I will do for you, but take Lola out." His chest vibrated as he chuckled.

"That’s ok she doesn't like you anyway." He chuckled again.