Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

Today was valentines and my birthday, six months is how long we had been going out and we have yet to have sex. But Grant never pushed me for us to have sex. I was grateful for that, seeing Dr. Howard once a week hadn't really given me the courage to try having sex with Grant. As much as I hated to admit it, but Dr. Howard might be right.

The one thing that is holding me back is the fear my father still held over me and the closure I need with Frankie, my first love. She wanted me to confront my father and tell him how much he hurt, how because of him I was afraid of letting anyone close to me.

But before I could even do that, I needed to see Frankie again and tell him what had really happened that day. I didn't even know how to find him, I didn't even know if he even still lived here.

I had been telling Grant I wanted to see him and he would help me find him if I was really ready. I wasn't quite sure if I was ready but I know the faster I get this over with the faster we can live our life.

"Happy birthday and valentine's day buttercup," Grant whispered as he wrapped his arms around me. I turned my head and kissed him, "so unfair we have to work today, there are better things we can be doing today." I turned around and placed my arms around his neck.

"And what might these better things be?" He grinned as he leaned in to kiss me.

"Oh lots of fun things we could do instead of going to work." I chuckled as I let go of him, but he pulled me back. "Come on let's just call in, it's a Friday. No one ever does any real work on a Friday." He nuzzled my neck and held me tighter.

"Grant we can't, you know we can't." I muttered as he kissed my neck. He was making it hard not to give in. "Grant stop we are going to be late." He sighed deeply against my neck and released me.

"I guess you're right, but we will continue this later." He kissed me and then walked off to the bathroom. All I could think about was what he had planned for later. I know he wasn't going to push me into doing something I wasn't ready. Whatever he had planned as my surprise wasn't going to be something small either.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Damn Grant, I can't believe he left without me. Not even, hey I'm going to leave because I need to be there early. Stupid jackass, he could have waited for me. It's my freaking birthday and he ditched me, after he said he wanted to call in sick, that stupid ass!

I continued to cuss Grant out as I walked to my classroom. I unlocked my door and walked in, as soon as I flipped on the switch, "Surprise!" was shouted from everyone. "Happy birthday Mr. Salas," my students yelled. I looked around the room; they had balloons and steamers up, with a banner that said happy birthday. My student from my first period, Kate, Jackie, Rita, and Grant were there. Grant stood in the middle holding a large black forest sheet cake, decorated with shaved chocolate and cherries. Happy birthday Mr. Salas was written in the middle of it in red icing.

"Happy birthday Joaquin," Kate, Jackie and Rita hugged and kissed me on the cheek.

"Oh my god, you guys didn't have to do this." I said as I tried to fight back the tears, growing up I never got to have a birthday party. It was just always just a special dinner with my family. "This really is a nice surprise, thank you all." My students came up to me and one by one I received a hug from them. I just let the tears fall; I really did have a good bunch of kids.

"Aw Mr. Salas don't cry," Carmen said as she hugged me.

"Sorry it's just I never really got to have a birthday party and for you guys to do this just make me really happy." She smiled back at me as her eyes watered.