Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

        It has been two months since Aden moved out. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, but I had been able to manage on my own. I had to cut back on some things, but it’s what I had to do to stay afloat. Basically my apartment was just an expensive storage place for the few things I had. I never realized that almost everything in the apartment belong to Aden, but it really didn’t matter because when I moved into a smaller place, I’m most likely going to sell most of my things anyway.

         I was sitting on the couch with Grant, my legs rested over his lap while he watched TV or more like pretend to watch. I had been spending more and more time at his place, since Aden moved out.

        I was typing away on my laptop, after Grant told me that my story was good. I felt motivated to finish it and even have the courage to send it in to see if it would get publish. I was almost done with it, but I haven’t let him read anymore. He begged me to let him read what I had so far but I told him he had to wait until I was done. I even caught him once trying to guess my password to read what I had so far.

       “So are you almost done,” Grant asked as he tried to sneak a peek. I save my document and closed my laptop. He frowned as I placed my laptop on the coffee table.

        “Just about a few more chapters to go before I finish.”

       “Then can I read it?”

          “Yeah you can read it when I get it published.” I smirked at him as I got up to get a drink, but he pulled me back down onto his lap.

         “What happened to you being nice?” I just shrugged my shoulders. “I guess since Aden’s not around to remind you to be nice to me, you forget.” I chuckled as he kissed my neck.

         “That’s ok, I prefer that you were mean because that’s who you are and that is what first attracted me to you. That is also why I nicknamed you buttercup.” I rolled my eyes at him, I hated that name. He called me that one time at school in front of the girls, so needless to say they have teased me relentlessly about the nickname.

         “Whatever, so what are our plans for tonight?”

         “Um well I was wondering on how you would feel about meeting my aunt Joan?” wow he wanted me to meet his aunt, to be honest I didn’t want too. I just feel like she won’t like me and from the looks of it, Grant values her opinion. What if she tells him that I’m not good enough for him because I grew up poor?

         “Um I don’t think so.”

          “Why not,” he would just laugh at me when I tell him.

          “You’re just going to laugh at me.”

         “Aw buttercup I won’t, just tell me.” I sighed, he was going to laugh I know he was.

          “I just feel like your aunt won’t like me.”

          He laughed at me, stupid jackass I knew he was going to laugh at me. I got off his lap but was pulled back down on the couch. “Look I’m sorry I didn’t mean to laugh but my aunt doesn’t judge people base on how they grew up or if they are poor or rich. She judges you on the type of person you are and I know she is going to like you.”

       “You don’t know that.”

        “Actually I do, I talk to her about you all the time. She really wants to meet you; she can’t believe I have actually met a guy that put up with me.”