Chapter 10: An Uchiha is Born [Naruto]

Rin

I opened my eyes slowly, reluctantly and scared. Scared that I would wake up back with the Akatsuki but I wasn't there. Above me was a white ceiling and by my surroundings I could only assume I was in a hospital. I sat up slowly and saw Itachi sleeping in the chair across from my bed.

"Itachi" I whispered but he didn't respond. I sighed slipping slowly out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I was surprised that I was actually to walk without strain. It seemed that I've been forcing myself to move a lot lately. I stepped onto the stool and turned on the sink. I splashed my face with water then reached for the towel hanging off the rack. I dried off and finally looked in the mirror.

Itachi

I woke with a jolt when I heard a sudden scream. I looked at Rin's bed only to find it empty and felt a sudden panic rise in me. How could they take her again and right from under my nose like that.

"Rin!" I called out ready to run into the hall.

"I-Itachi…" I froze in place slightly confused.

"Rin?"

"I-I'm in the bathroom!" I was at the door a second later only to find Rin staring at her reflection...

"Rin what's wrong?" Her eyes looked at me, but not with their usual black shade. Her eyes now a blazing red with one tome in each eye. The sharingan.

"Oh…" But I was at a loss for words. She had it. I could see it right there staring at me. She had developed the Sharingan eyes. The first female in the history of the Uchiha clan to ever do so and to top it off she was five years old.

"I-It's my Sharingan" I nodded slightly as she looked back into the mirror. I had developed my own when I was seven and even that was a young age to obtain it but this, Rin was, she was something else. Something that not even I expected. She was the true prodigy and pride of the Uchiha. Compared to this we'll not even father could compare to this achievement.

"How?" She shrugged then as she looked at me.

"I don't know, I just suddenly feel different but a good different you know?" I nodded slightly still confused.

"Deactivate it and don't tell anyone about this"

"Um okay but I don't know how?" I smiled slightly.

"Just focus the chakra away from your eyes, balance it out" She nodded closing her eyes for a moment, once she opened it the sharingan was gone and her dark eyes now stared up at me.

"How will I learn to use it if I can't tell anyone?" I walked to her and ruffled her hair smiling slightly.

"I'll train you okay?" She smiled then and hugged my leg.

"Thank you so much!" I lifted her into my arms.

"Think of it as your birthday present" She looked at me confused.

"My birthday?" I nodded.

"It passed in the time you were kidnapped" She pondered this and her lips formed a small oh.

"I was missing that long?" I nodded.

"It's been nearly three months with the whole ordeal"

"Wow" I heard the door open and walked out of bathroom. Suki stood at the door in her hospital uniform a smile came to her face as she saw Rin.

"It's good to see your finally awake Rin" She smiled as she pushed back her long hair.

"Yeah, it's good to wake up in a familiar place" Suki laughed softly and nodded.

"I bet, but since you’re up I just have to give you a basic check up and you'll probably be allowed to leave today depending on the results" I nodded slightly and sat her back on the hospital bed.

"Now how do you feel? That bruise giving you trouble?"

"Um I feel fine actually, better than I have within the past few months and nope its fine to" Suki nodded and I watched as she began checking her vitals.

"Do you feel anything different? Has anything changed about you?" She gave me a quick glance and I shook my head.

"Nope, I feel the same as before" Suki nodded slightly and I heard her sigh.

"Alright then, you seem completely normal. You'll be released today. I'll be sure to sign you out" She ruffled her hair before getting up and walking past me. She gave me a glance as she walked by and I sighed.

"What?" She paused at the door with her arms crossed around her clipboard.

"You know you shouldn't be asking me to lie to the hokage and you definitely shouldn't be asking that of Rin" I sighed then.

"I'm not asking you to" Our eyes met for a moment and she shook her head.

"I hope you know what you’re doing Itachi" Was the last thing she said before walking off. I looked at Rin and she smiled as she jumped off her bed.

"Get dressed, your clothes are in the closet" She nodded and I stepped out the door to wait. I knew what I was doing. When it came to Rin I had to know what I was doing.

"Okay I'm done" I looked down at Rin in her light blue sundress. Her hair had gotten longer as it fell past her waist now and her bangs reached a little past her cheeks. She looked up at me and smiled as she took my hand.

"C'mon Rin" We barely made it down the hallway when we saw our father turn the corner. He looked at me first and finally down at Rin.

"Rin…" I looked down at her and she released my hand.

"Daddy…" She breathed before running to him. He knelt down catching her in his arms and pulling her close. They stayed like that for a while in there embrace. As much as they had their differences she missed her daddy and he missed his little girl. He looked at me then and nodded approvingly.

"Thank you Itachi, I'll take her home from here" I nodded slightly watching as he left. I did it for Rin, I risked my life for Rin and it would always be Rin not for him. Always for my little sister.