Chapter 8: An Uchiha is Born [Naruto]

Fugaku

I stood in the meeting room of the Uchiha compound. I had an audience with the hokage in about an hour or so but I couldn't care less. I already knew what he was going to tell me. That we should give up on the search. It's been weeks and there was nothing. No trail of her. It was like she vanished.

"Excuse me sir" I turned around and one of the groups of Uchiha I sent out stood before me.

"Yes?"

"We've found nothing towards the land of wind. We're sorry." I nodded slightly feeling that all too familiar tug in my chest and lump in my throat. I made a soft cough noise trying to clear my throat as I looked up at him.

"Have we heard anything from Itachi's squad?" They shook their heads.

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking, what will we do if the hokage calls of the search?" I looked at him and he suddenly stood straighter.

"The hokage has no jurisdiction over the police force. So we will continue the search until we find my daughter!" They nodded.

"Yes sir!" I watched as they left to continue their search and sighed as I ran a hand through my hair and walked down the hall to my bedroom. I sat on the bed and picked up the picture off the nightstand. I looked down at it at Rin's smiling face. It was one of the few pictures we had of just the two of us, it was on her fourth birthday. I had refused a crucial mission just to be there. It seemed the only time that she had been happy in my arms. Her fifth birthday had just passed. I sighed and closed my eyes letting a few tears fall to the picture. I lost her, because of my stupidity. She could be dead.

"So the great Fugaku Uchiha does have a soft spot" I looked up as Mikoto walked in a sad smile on her face. I wiped my eyes and the picture as she came to sit at my side.

"This is my fault. That day, that morning. She was so mad. I shouldn't have let her go. I could have saved her before it all happened, before she was taken" She sighed as she laced her fingers in mine and looked at me.

"What do they even want with her? Explain that to me. She's a girl, she doesn't have the sharingan. I would have thought they would be after Sasuke but why Rin?" I heard Mikoto laugh slightly and I finally looked at her.

"She's your daughter Fugaku, and even if you don't believe that she is destined for greatness others do. This isn't your fault though and with you blaming yourself it’s not helping." I nodded and let out a slow breath.

"Excuse me sir but if you don't leave now you'll miss your meeting with Lord Hokage" I looked up slightly confused as to why he wasn't with his team but pushed it aside as I placed the picture back on the nightstand and rose to my feet.

"Fugaku" I looked at Mikoto as she leaned up and kissed me gently.

"Bring our daughter home" I smiled slightly and nodded.

"I will" I promised her before leaving. I knew she was hurting but I also knew she was trying to stay strong for Sasuke's sake. I was surprised that he still chose to go to the academy during all this. I think he just needed a distraction. Itachi has barely been home, and as far as I heard he doesn't rest. Not when he's out there searching. When Sasuke wasn't at school he would sit at the village gates waiting and hoping that he would see his little sister again. They both loved her. I sighed as I walked slowly up the steps to the Hokage's office. I stepped through the doors and the Hokage turned to look at me, already in front of his desk was Daichi Haruno the father of the other girl that had been taken along with Rin.

"I'm sure you both already know what this meeting is for Fugaku, Daichi"

"I won't give up the search and it's sad to know that the hokage of our village doesn't care for all its inhabitants" He sighed as he rose from his seat.

"We have every anbu out there searching for her, every Jounin we can spare. I am doing so much for two children that for all we know are dead right now. I'm sorry but I have to take care of my village"

"And I have to take care of my family" It was silent then. Our eyes were locked on the each others. He knew I wouldn't pull the police force. I was going to find her dead or alive, I was going to make sure we found her.

“Fugaku he’s right, this organization…”

“If going to pay for laying a hand on my daughter and I would think you’d feel the same.” I didn’t flinch under his glare as he took a step towards me.

“I go home every day to find my wife crying over the loss of our daughter, how will I even begin to explain this to her or to Jazmine’s sister! So don’t for a second think I don’t know what you’re feeling!”  

“The only difference is that I’m willing to do all in my power to get my daughter back, while you’re willing to stand by and give up!”

“If it wasn’t for your Princess then Jazmine would have never been taken!”

“This is not the fault of my clan or Rin!” We both turned, forgetting each other as the door slammed open and a girl ran in. Her anbu masked was tilted revealing her face. Her brown hair was long past her shoulders and her eyes were an unusual shade of silver. At first she reminded me of a Hyuuga but I knew she couldn't be.

"We found it!" She nearly fell forward then as Itachi and Kakashi ran into the office.

"We found it" They both repeated. The girl snickered slightly.

"I already told them" Itachi sighed as he gave her a sideways glance.

"What have you found?" Itachi looked back at me and I could see a slight smile on his face.

"Their trail"

"Where? How?" Kakashi caught his breath and finally looked up at me.

"Suki found one of Rin's earrings near one of the lesser villages, we have dogs tracking the scent but we need to get ninja out there quick"

"Whoa, whoa wait a second we need a plan first" We all looked at Suki and she sighed.

"This two five year old girls out there with no ninja training. It's not just a rescue it's a retrieval. We have to get in and get out and we don't know who were up against and how many people there are. We'll be going in blinded." I nodded then and heard Itachi sigh.

"So we need a detailed plan and we need it fast" I nodded then. The point was were close and now all we had to do was get them out.