Chapter 25: An Uchiha is Born [Naruto]

Sasuke

I woke up slowly not really sure where I was. It had to be a dream but as I sat up I felt a sharp pain in my arm. I lifted my shirt sleeve and noticed the bandages the events from last night rushing back to me. The realization hurt more now, Itachi killed everyone, and he killed the entire clan. Then came my first thought.

“Rin!” I jumped from bed then throwing aside the curtains and running to the door.

“Sasuke!” I stopped then my hand on the door handle as I looked at Rin. She was sitting up in bed and as she turned her head I could see dark bruises around her neck.

“Are you…” But I stopped. How could I even ask that? I knew she wasn’t okay and as I met her gaze I could see the pain in her eyes, I could see the brokenness and confusion which only seemed to make me feel worse. I failed to protect her.

“I need to see it” She whispered. I nodded then as she slipped off her hospital bed and walked to my side. I took her small hand into mind and I felt her fingers lace with my own as we silently stepped out of our room. As we walked down the halls all we could hear were whispers of what had happened of how we were the only survivors or how it was Itachi that did it all. We finally reached the entrance and stepped outside only to have the rain greet us.

“Do you still…”

“Yes” She interrupted. I nodded then and stepped out into the rain with her. We walked slowly at first wandering down the empty streets towards the compound. It was when it was in view that Rin broke into a run dragging with me with her.  She stopped abruptly when we got to the entrance. I knew who she expected to see here, Setsuna and Kai on guard but instead we were greeted by yellow caution tape.

“Rin…” But she didn’t respond as she ducked under the caution tape and I followed behind. Right now, even in the rain there would be Uchiha running around doing missions or running errands. I looked at where Aunty and Uncle used to live remembering there greetings every time I walked in. I pulled along Rin as I kept walking recalling more memories. We walked to the main doors of our area of the compound and slowly I pushed open the door. Nothingness greeted us and as I stepped inside I could almost hear our mother’s voice welcoming us home from school. I heard a noise then and broke into a run dragging Rin with me. Part of me was praying that someone, somehow had survived but as I threw open the doors to the kitchen there was only a cat that had knocked over a few glasses. I noticed the chalk marks of where our parent’s bodies were the other day and fell to my knees as the tears found their way out. I couldn’t hold it in anymore, and right now there was no point to even try.

Rin

I released Sasuke’s hand and wandered out the doors. I felt like I was suffocating in there. I slipped to the main walk and stopped at where I had nearly been killed, where that man had nearly suffocated me. Where I had first learned that Itachi killed them.

“Itachi…” I whispered. I felt the tears building up, the lump in my throat growing larger and finally I screamed. I screamed out of frustration, out of confusion and out hurt. I cried for the same reasons but more for knowing that from this day on nothing would be the same, nothing between the three of us could ever be the same. I felt arms wrap around me and I fell into them holding him tightly knowing it was Sasuke.