Chapter 16: An Uchiha is Born [Naruto]

Itachi

I sat with Sasuke outside of father's Dojo. Rin was late which in turn made the two of us worry. She was training with Setsuna today and I swear if he let anything happen to her he was mine.

"Itachi, Sasuke sorry I'm late!" We looked as Rin slid to a stop.

"Setsuna and I were training and then Aunt Yuri made Mochi and then we met up with Kai and Jiro and then we got to talking about marriage and power and happiness a-and…" I chuckled gently.

"It's alright Rin." She smiled slightly and went to sit at Sasuke's side.

"Have you gotten your report card Rin?"

"Um N-no must have forgotten" I sighed slightly and handed her the paper.

"You did well, as did you Sasuke. Father would be proud to see these" I watched as she looked through it and a smile came to her face.

"Father only cares about you Itachi" I looked at Rin who sighed.

"You two must really hate me then" Rin gave me a look.

"It's alright, people often think ill of shinobi. It's only logical"

"That's not how I feel Itachi!" I chuckled slightly.

"Being the best isn't all it's cracked up to be. When you have power you become arrogant and isolated from the world. No matter how coveted and sought after you are in the beginning. With us it's different; the three of us are flesh and blood. I'm always going to be there for you two, even if it's as obstacle to overcome" I noticed Rin's hand clench around her report card as she rose to her feet.

"Even if you do hate me that's what big brothers are for" Rin walked off inside and Sasuke of course took notice.

"Itachi, what's wrong with Rin?" I sighed lightly. Many things right now.

"Rin is struggling, but in different ways than you Sasuke."

"She hasn't talked to me though"

"She doesn't want you to worry, she would prefer to sacrifice her own happiness for the sake of those around her" Sasuke nodded slightly and I sighed again.

"Rin needs you Sasuke, and as her big brother you have to protect her and keep her safe. Keep her happy." He looked at me and a smile came to his face.

"I'll always be there for Rin" I smiled slightly and ruffled his hair.

"Good" I heard a door open from the front and a voice soon followed.

"Hey is Itachi in there! We need to talk, get out here!" I heard a soft sigh.

"First of you don't need to shout, second this is very disrespectful and rude and…"

"We asked for Itachi Princess not you"

"And I asked you to call me Rin not Princess, looks like both of us aren't getting what we want!" The door would have slammed then if I hadn't stopped it.

"What's going on? What are you doing here?"

"There were two people missing from last night’s assembly, do you want to tell me why you weren't there" I sighed slightly and looked down at Rin.

"Don't say it because I won't listen" She threatened under her breath.

"We know you’re in the Anbu and that they can be called away at the drop of a dime and that was the argument your father was trying to make at the meeting last night but were not your father and you won’t get special treatment from us."