Chapter 3: An Uchiha is Born [Naruto]

Rin

It's been a few days since that man had found me in the forest. Since then Itachi has rarely left my side unless absolutely necessary. Today we were at the park. Itachi sat on a bench on the other side of the park but I knew he kept a watchful eye. Sasuke was playing ninja with the other kids and I decide I wasn't up for it today. I pulled myself on top of the monkey bars and noticed some kid lying beneath the trees.

"Hey!" I shouted but he didn't move. I jumped to the sand and ran up the hill he was on. I leaned over him. It was a kid, his dark hair was pulled back and his eyes closed. I tilted my head slightly wondering how a kid could sleep at a park.

"Wake up!" I shouted. He jumped up then slamming his forehead against mine causing me to fall over.

"Ow…" I mumbled as I rubbed the spot where we had collided. I finally looked at him and noticed his annoyed expression.

"Why'd you do that?" I shrugged.

"No reason, just wanted to see if you were okay. You’re the only kid I've seen sleeping at a park." I pushed back my bangs and tightened my pigtails before sitting down cross legged in front of him.

"There to troublesome, I'd rather watch the clouds" I nodded slightly as I looked up at the sky.

"So what's your name?" I looked at him and smiled.

"Rin Uchiha” He nodded slightly.

"So you’re the Princess of the Uchiha clan?" I sighed and crossed my arms.

"Yes I'm the Princess of the Uchiha clan; do I have it printed on my forehead or something?" He chuckled slightly.

"Sorry, it's just what my dad calls you"

"Yeah him and half the village" I noticed him smile slightly.

"So what's your name?"

"I'm Shikamaru Nara" She nodded slightly.

"I'm sorry I don't really know a lot about your clan" He smiled and shrugged.

"Whatever I don't mind, I don't know much about the Uchiha. Only what I hear from my parents, so were even" I giggled and nodded earning another smile from him.

"You know you’re different from the other girls"

"Ah you mean the rabid fan girls that follow my brothers around?" He chuckled and nodded.

"We'll I love my brothers but I get enough of them at home"

"I bet" I leaned back on my arms staring slightly up at the sky.

"Do you have any siblings?"

"No just me, do you have a sister or anything?" I laughed slightly and shook my head.

"No that's why I'm the Princess of the Uchiha clan. I'm the first girl born into the head of the family but I wouldn't mind a sister. Itachi is amazing and Sasuke's great but there boys"

"And what's wrong with boys?" I grinned.

"A lot of things" He rolled his eyes and I laughed as I sat up again.

"It's alright Shika there's nothing wrong with you" He smiled slightly.

"There's nothing wrong with you either Rin" I smiled then about to thank him when I was suddenly tackled to the ground.

“Leave him alone kid!” I had to blink a few a times as I looked up confused meeting large bright blue eyes that glared down at me.

“What the…”

“Jazmine get off of her!” Shikamaru shouted pulling the girl off me; I sat up rubbing my head as I looked at the girl. Dirt streaked her cheeks and unruly, messy blonde hair framed her face.

“But she was bothering you…” The girl argued.

“No she wasn’t, well not really but this is Rin Uchiha.” He finally said slightly defeated. The girl looked at me with slightly wide eyes.

“You’re the Uchiha Princess?” She said with disbelief in her voice and I sighed.

“Yes that’s me, what about you?” She grinned a wide grin as she stuck out her hand.

“The names Jazmine Haruno” I took her hand stumbling slightly when she pulled me into her arms squeezing me in a tight hug.

“Um nice to meet you too” I managed to choke out.

“Jazmine, she needs air.” Shika reminded her with a sigh and she released me the same grin still plastered on her face.

“Sorry I like making new friends” I smiled slightly as I pushed aside my bangs.

"Don’t worry about it." I assured her.

"Hey Rin, c'mon Itachi says we have to go!" The three of us looked down the hill as Sasuke ran up.

"Already?" I whined.

"Sasuke, Rin let's go!" He nodded once he heard Itachi calling.

"Yes, already. Now c'mon before he gets mad!' I took his hand and he helped me to my feet. I turned to Shikamaru and Jazmine with a smile.

"I guess I have to go but we should hang out again. I hate being home all the time" They nodded.

"Sure, do you know where I live?"

“Rin let's go" Sasuke urged as he began tugging on my hand.

"Um no but Itachi might so I'll ask him, see you tomorrow Shika and Jazz!" I nearly tripped as Sasuke pulled me down the hill towards Itachi.

"Who were they?" I smiled slightly as I took Itachi's hand.

"My new best friends" I replied. I liked him, he was different and the girl we’ll she wasn’t your typical shinobi kid. Besides they were an excuse to be out of the house.