Chapter 21: Freed

I hollered in laughter as Jake continually plasters my face with kisses, as he powerfully pinned me down with both hands – he had me beat in strength. Taking me off guard, he smashes his lips to mine. Shocked, I laugh even more, "I hate you!"

"You love me," he kisses me once more.

I wipe his kiss off my lips.

He makes a pouty expression. "Baby, how could you treat me like that?"

"You just kissed the ground, bastard," I retort, "Then you kissed me!"

"Aw, is my prince mad he essentially kissed the ground too?" he teased, playfully, allowing me to sit up.

"Yes, your prince is upset," I pouted, folding my arms across my chest, "Very upset."

"Does my prince want his crown back?"

"Si," I reply, with a pouting lip.

Like a mime, he places my invisible crown back on my head.

I kiss his cheek. "Thanks, my prince." Just when I was about to arise, he grabbed my arm.

"Um, hello? Where do you think you're going?"

"Oh, sorry," I apologize, "I cannot believe I almost forgot to give my prince his crown." He placed the invisible crown on his head, humming Four Seasons: Spring by Vivaldi.

"Thank you, squire."

"As you wish, your majesty," I bowed with my head.

We both cackled at our goofiness.

"Rico and Jake!" we hear Ken call, disrupting our joy, "I hope you two know you're both in your boxers right now. Outside. In the public."

We both looked down at ourselves and burst into more laughter.

Astonishing me, Jake lifts me into his arms, carrying me like a damsel while I was still chortling. "Let's get back inside. No one can see you in your boxers, but me."

"Oh, hush," I tease, "It isn't like I'm naked."

"Yes you are," he counters, "I know what you look like naked. I cannot unsee your bareness no matter what you have on."

"Woah! You two seen each other naked? You guys actually did it?" Luci questions, surprised.

"No," we both answer quickly at the same time.

"Sounds guilty to me," she smirks.

I look away from her and plant my face into Jake's neck, which was cherry red. Like me, he was embarrassed.

"And if we did, it would only be our business," he possessively remarks, "Only between us. No one else."

"Yeah," I cosign, still not eyeing her directly. Luci, my best friend, is someone who I confide in for anything and everything. We've seen each other half naked more times than I can keep track of, yet the thought of telling her the events that transpired between Jake and I while we were in that room made me uncomfortable. It's too intimate to share. Even with her.

Shifting gears, like the genius he is, Jake asks, "So, I see you and Ken arrived together." I remove my face from his neck and eye them. "You two are even holding hands. Cute."

Luci and Ken immediately let go of the other's hand and grow uncomfortable.

"Did you two make out yet?" Jake purposely interrogates.

Luci becomes evidently embarrassed and so does Ken. "That's not any of your business, asshole," she snaps.

Jake grins in delight. "You get snippy at me for asking a question about kissing, when you just asked us if we had sex. Oh, the irony."