Chapter 2: Extra Credit

Enjoy! 

—————————————————

Ken eyes me in shock. 

"Wait, so you're homo..."

I nod. "Queer. Gay. Homosexual. All of the above. Whatever you want to address me as."

So, that's what Jake had in mind? Tell everyone that I'm gay. Tell me something I don't know. 

"Well, I didn't know that," Ken says, "You act so... you know... not into fashion and shopping. You're into non-girlish things."

I purse my lips together. "Yeah... no. I'm not your stereotypical gay fellow, I guess." 

"I would've never guessed."

I laugh, "I thought my sexuality was pretty obvious, considering that I never look at any girl that way." 

He nods. "True. Whenever I talked about girls with you, you would just agree with me all the time."

"So, I guess I have high masculinity then," I beam. 

Ken laughs as well. "Well, I'm beyond shocked, but that explains why you haven't went out with your friend Luciana."

I suspiciously squint my eyes at him. "What are you trying to say?"

"Have you looked at her lately? She's beautiful. I used to believe there was a thing between you two, but then I wondered how would someone like you be Luciana's type, no offense." He pauses, observing me to see my reaction. 

My facial remained stagnant, but I remark, "Someone like me?" 

He places his hands on my shoulders. "You're the type that would inform about the evolution of music." 

"I know that I'm a nerd or geek or whatever. I don't need you to point that out for me." I remove his hands from my shoulders. 

He changes the subject. "Now that I know you're gay and not into Luciana or any girls for that matter, it'll be okay for me to ask her out." 

"You like her?" I ask, with my eyes agape. 

"Who doesn't? Every guy that liked her thought that you two had something going on."

I scratch my head. "She is beautiful but I don't look at her that way." 

"You and I, Rico, we're friends," he says, making direct eye contact, "I stayed away from Luciana because I thought you liked her, but now since I know you don't..."

"Ask her out," I simply state, "She might like you too." 

"What if she rejects me?" 

"Ask her out again," I respond. "She'll more than likely reject you the first time, since she doesn't know you too well, but if you give her a reason on why she should go out with you, she's all yours."

He smiles. "I like women who are like Luciana."

"By women like Luciana, you mean what?" 

"The full package," he remarks, grinning, "She has it all."

I glare at him, folding my arms across my chest. "If you're after her for her body, then leave her alone."

"Not that way!" he reassures. "She's independent, confident, brave, outspoken, caring, and so many other things." 

I nod in agreement, smiling. "She's amazing and she deserves an amazing guy."

"Do I qualify as amazing?" he asks, grinning.