Chapter 9: Just Like Old Times

—————————————————

 "I guess so," I respond, arising from the mats.

"Too bad that would never happen between us," Jake laughs, smacking my shoulder, "right? I mean, let's be honest here, you and me having sex... I couldn't picture it."

I turn away from him, feeling kind of hurt. "Yeah," I remark, laughing along with him, "Besides, I have a certain type and you're not it."

Jake's laughter ceases. "What do you mean I'm not your type? Didn't we go through this before?"

"We didn't," I answer, "You and Luciana went through this before. Remember?"

"I don't care what you have to say, Rico. I'm everyone's type—"

"I know you are, because you have the looks and the smarts and the body," I finish for him, rolling my eyes. "All I'm saying is, Jake," I continue, placing my hand on his shoulder, "You are attractive, I admit, but I couldn't picture us having sex just as much as you could."

He scoffs, "But, you are attracted to me."

"No I'm not," I retort, removing my hand from his shoulder. "Not only do you have to have the smarts and the looks, you have to possess the personality too."

He quizzically states, "The personality?"

"You may be everyone's type physically and mentally, but you'll never be my type with your personality."

"But, you barely know me," he points out, "So, how could you make judgment of my personality?"

"I know enough," I counter, as every memory of him picking on me fly through my mind.

"I am your type," he angrily snaps, "I'm everyone's type, Rico!"

"Keep telling yourself that lie."

"So, you wouldn't want to have sex with this?" He gestures towards his body.

I chuckle, "I'd rather lose my virginity to that broomstick in the corner before I'd lose it to you."

He looks insulted, as he dismisses me, saying, "I hope you get splinters in your anus."

*~*

For several hours, Jake just sat by his lonesome, ignoring anything I said to him. I smile in victory. Of course he is my type, but was I going to allow him to have that power over me? No way.

"Jake, since those condoms are going to waste, why not just play some board games with me?"

 "Who said those condoms are going to waste?" he snorts.

"So, the asshole finally speaks?"

He shrugs. "I just might use them on Veronica when we get out of here."

I unconsciously clench my fists, inhaling deeply. I pick up the box and toss them at him.

"Rico, what the hell?" he growls, harshly throwing them back at me. The box hits my face unfortunately, but he doesn't notice.

"You can't use them on Veronica," I comment.

He faces me. "Why can't I?"

"Because they're way too big for you," I belittle, grinning, "That size is for men." I laugh, "I might need them."

"For what?" he mocks, "Balloons?"

"No. For Calen," I remark, pretending that I'm daydreaming.

"He's your type but I'm not?!" he rages.