Chapter 19: Tickles And Apologies

Short but sweet <3

—————————————————

I continually wiped at my eyes as the tears fell in silence. What does he mean when he said this was all a mistake? What is wrong with him? Have I done anything to upset him? Was he angry because I woke him up?

I observe my surroundings behind a blurred vision. I want to get out of here. Now.

I feel my hands shake anxiously. Was it because I persisted something was wrong after he told me to leave it alone?

I sat on the toilet. Was it because he grew tired of me—of my existence?

I look at my hands as I feel new tears developing. Is it because he isn't into me as he thought?

I take a deep breath. Is he regretting yesterday?

I clench my fists. Was I an experiment?

My throat aches from suppressing a noisy cry.

He went from "I love you" to "This was a mistake" in less than a day later. My throat aches even more. I no longer could continue silently crying. I let it all out.

~*~

I sighed in disparity. Even when I don't mean to do it, I hurt Rico. I didn't know he was crying. I get up and knock on the door. "Rico, let me in."

I hear him continually sob in hurt, not responding to me.

"Rico."

I hear him sniffle.

I lean onto the door as an immense amount of guilt made its way into my emotions. "Rico, let me explain. Please."

He ignores me still.

"Rico, I'm sorry."

A second later, the door gets unlocked and I come face-to-face with Rico, who is looking at the ground with balled fists.

Before I could react, he sends a powerful punch to my face, knocking me on the ground. I look up at him in shock. "Rico, what the hell?" It's like my dream unraveling in front of me.

He silently storms off and lies on the mattress, no longer acknowledging me.

"Rico."

He turns the opposite direction.

I join him on the mattress and hold him. He recoils the first several times until he finally gives up. "Rico, I'm so sorry that I made you cry."

He doesn't say a word.

"Rico," I hold him closer, "Speak."

His silence continues.

"Please."

He is still noiseless.

I sigh, "I just think we're moving too fast."

He jerks from the mattress. "So, you proceed to tell me everything that has happened has been a mistake?!"

"No, not everything."

"But, you said that," he argues.

"No, you're misunderstanding—"

"If you're not into me, let me know now," he demands, "Let me know before my feelings grow even more for you." His voice cracks, "Let me know now, Jake."

I eye him bafflement. "Rico, I'm very into you."

"Then, what was the mistake?" he demands, "Why is it such a bad thing to be stuck in here with me? Why should none of this have happened?"

"I didn't mean that," I explain, "I said that, because—"

"First of all, what the hell was wrong with you and why did you go south?" he questions.

"I had a nightmare about us," I answer.

"All of those hurtful words over a nightmare?" he fumes.

"It's more than that," I continue explaining, "I had a dream we broke up and you put a restraining order against me."

His face lightens up and he suddenly bursts in laughter. "A restraining order?"

"Yes," I chuckle, "And in my dream, I realized I moved too fast with you." He lies back down on the mattress. "What I meant to say to word it better was this: Last night should've waited, because I don't want to rush things with you and I think we would've came around to our feelings without being locked in this hot room and possibly become malnourished from the snacks."

He laughs, "Good point."

"But, the only positive thing out of it all is you being here with me."

"Aw," Rico kisses me, "I thought I was getting on your nerves and you were losing interest in me."

"Lose interest in this?" he kisses me, "How could I?"

Rico grins, "I was ready to beat your ass."

"You have a hell of a punch."

He kisses my cheek where he punched and laughs.

"Oh, so it's funny?"

"Very funny," he responds.

"Not as funny as this."

"As wha—" I instantaneously held him down and began tickling him. He clamorously laughed, resisting against my hold on him.

"So, you aren't going to reciprocate an apology?"

"Nope," he laughs.

"I'm going to keep going until you apologize," I tickle him even more.

"Well, you're going to have to keep going then, because I'm not apologizing!" he cackles.

I tickle him for several more moments until I give up. "You win," I kiss him.

"Sorry for punching you," he apologizes, recovering from the tickling attack, "but you deserved it for not elaborating what you meant."

I make my hands into claws, threatening to tickle him some more and he covers his stomach, laughing.

"Good enough for me," I reply. "I love you."

"I love you," Rico responds.

We suddenly hear the door unlock.