Chapter 20: Kissing The Ground

Luciana savored her own company at her house, eating from a gallon tub of vanilla bean ice cream, while having her eyes plastered onto the television screen. It isn't an everyday occasion for her to be by her lonesome in her own home with a tub of ice cream. Luciana enjoys a normal dosage of chaos, but she enjoys peace even more. She flickered her eyes at Jake and Rico's phones.

She wasn't even focused on what was happening in the show she was watching. Since she isn't much of a couch potato and decided to watch whatever looked mildly interesting. This television show was about a werewolf, who was in a relationship with a merman. The werewolf met the merman at their favorite deck, which they go to every full moon after gaining control of their supernatural impulses. They both enjoyed each other's company and did everything in their power to see one another. Luci thought of it as adorable, as she engorged herself with vanilla deliciousness.

She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She pulls it out and sees an unknown number calling her. She answers with mild reluctance. "Hello?"

"I've been calling Rico since school let out, and I know you're good friends with him — do you know where he is?"

"I'm sorry — who the hell is this?"

"Ken."

"Ken, how'd you get my number?"

"Rico gave it to me."

Luci becomes shocked, but that shock diminishes that it evens out the score, since she tricked him and Jake into going in that equipment room.

"Do you know where Rico is? I've been calling him nonstop and he won't answer, yet he—"

"Of course I know where he is."

"Okay."

"Okay," she replies back.

There was a moment of awkward silence until Ken inquired, "When I ask where he is, you are supposed to tell me exactly where. Where is he at?"

"He is where I know he is." For some reason, Luci felt the need to be playful.

"And where is it that you know he is?" he chuckles.

Luci grinned in amusement. He's actually playing along. "Rico is where I know he is, which is where I know he is."

He chortled. "Where do you know he is, where you know where he is?"

"I'll show you once we get there."

"What?"

"I'm on my way to your house to get you, so be ready."

"Luci, I'm so—" she hung up the phone before he could say anymore.

She arrived at his house and there he was, waiting outside on his porch.

"How did you know where I live?" he stepped into her vehicle and she began driving.

"I've given Rico rides to your house before. Remember?"

"Yeah," he remarks, with a grin. "That was some show you put on," he laughs.

"Yeah," she joins in laughter, "You have a nice sense of humor."

"I try," he replies, with a laugh, "And I'm astonished that you do as well."

Luci felt a defensive crease in her eyebrows form. "What do you mean?"

"You're just a very serious person."

"I'm not always serious," she says in defense, "I can be fun."