Chapter 4: Losing The War

A picture of Luciana Gunberg to the side. [EDIT: it's gone]

—————————————————

"Spring Break is only a two days away and I have to spend it with him at Saundergate School?" 

"Rico, I'm sure it was all a misunderstanding," Luciana responds. 

"Luci, Veronica Harold was all over him and he was all over her," I remind. 

"Aw, you're so heartbroken."

I sigh, "I'm not heartbroken. I'm just surprised is all."

"You are heartbroken. Admit it."

"Luci..."

"Come on! You were quiet the rest of the day and now, you're blasting Tchaikovsky for crying out loud, which is your version of Toni Braxton's 'Unbreak My Heart'! Can you turn it down?"

"It scares me that you know who that is."

"When you have a best friend, that's a music nerd, that's what happens."

"Music enthusiast!" I blast. 

"Whatever, just turn down the music! I'm dying over here!" 

I turn down my music, groaning, "Sorry. I'm just... I don't know." 

"You're upset, sweetheart."

I frown. "Luci, stop with the nicknames."

"Why, honey?"

"You only do that when you feel sorry for me," I state, rolling my eyes. 

"Well, I can't help it. I feel bad for my bestie." 

"Just don't, okay?" I gripe, "I'll be okay. I'm just happy I didn't make a fool of myself, confessing to an son of a bitch like him." 

"Aw, you really are heartbroken." 

I soon hear a beeping sound, but I ignore it. "Just a little disappointed."

"I was so sure that I sensed chemistry between you two."

"Well, you were apparently wrong, because he wouldn't have Veronica all over him, if he liked me." 

"What if he's bisexual?" she suggests. 

"Luci!" 

"What? I'm just narrowing down another possibility." 

"He's not bisexual!" 

"You never know these things, Rico. Just ask him."

"Of course I will, because I can just come out of the blue and ask the potentially gay-hater if they're bisexual."

She pouts, "No need to be an ass about it. I'm just trying to help."

"Well, it would be of great assistance if you stopped trying to help." I hear that beeping sound again. 

"Meow! Calm down! Just because you're drowning yourself in misery, doesn't mean I want to join you." 

"Who said I wanted you to join?" 

"Rico, I will march over your house right now and beat some sense into you," she admonishes, "if you keep talking to me like that." 

"Sorry, I just feel that this wouldn't have happened—"

"Are you seriously blaming me for this?" she exclaims. 

I respond, "Well, it was you that planted it in my head that he has feelings for me, which he doesn't."