Chapter 10~From Past to Present~

Well, I know that I'm really late on updating the story and even just saying hi  But I'm not gonna say sorry, because I say it in like every chapter. So I've been writing really good chapters on paper and brainstorming everything. These chapters seemed long on paper, but they may not be here. So I hope you like them. And in an earlier chapter I said Elizabeth was 4, and I was totally off. Haha she's actually like 5 or 6. So yeah! Read on! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Erin's POV)

(5:15 am-Day 9-Dallas, Texas)

"Erin, get up. We need to talk" I was being shaken awake by someone. After hearing their voice, I think it was Justin.

"Nooo...." I whined and tried to go back to sleep. But unfortunately, I couldn't do that because someone else began to shake me.

"Come on, get up. It's important" Sarah chimed. I grunted and sat up. Realizing my hair probably looked extremely crazy, I pulled it back in a hair tie and headband. All three of us walked into the living room and sat down.

"So what was so important that I had to wake u at 5 in the morning?" I mumbled.

"We're arriving in Dallas, Texas today and since Fallbrook is only like 10 minutes away, we wanted to know if you still wanted to go see, well, you know." Justin replied. My nerves went from subtle to completely on edge in about half a second. I knew that if I went to see him, it would help me move on with my fear of the whole situation. But, I'm scared that he'll be totally different. What if he doesn't even notice me?

"I don't know if I can. I'm scared" I said, trying to hold back tears. Justin put his arm around my shoulders and Sarah rubbed my back as I let my tears fall.

"What if we go with you? Me, Selena, Owen, Lane and Justin? We'll help you through everything, give you support?" Sarah asked. I nodded. Then, I thought about something. Deciding that it was a good idea, I spoke up.

"I wanna take Elizabeth to see him again, even though she was only 2 months when he left. I mean, she needs to know her big brother" I said, wiping away some left over tears. They both nodded and continued comforting me.

I still don't know why they left, but Caleb better tell me a real reason this time. Did you know that my own parents don't even know that I have Caleb's address? Well now you do. But the only reason they don't know is because if I told them, they would go to where ever he lives and take him away, even if he was almost 21 years old. I wouldn't want him to hate me for giving up where he was. I could never live with myself, even if it was the right thing to do.

(11:00 am-On the way to Caleb's house)

We're on our way to Caleb's house and I'm close to freaking out. Owen is trying to calm me down by rubbing my hand with his thumb, but it's only semi-working. Sarah is driving because she didn't trust Justin and Justin is sitting in the passenger seat, critiquing everything she does. I have a feeling he is going to end up with a black eye. But I don't really car. Justin turned to Owen and I holding hands. Oh gosh, here we go.

"You guys are going out?!?" He exclaimed, making Sarah swerve on, thankfully, an empty dirt road.

"Justin! Shout like that again and I'll throw you out the window!" Sarah shouted, slapping his shoulder.

Selena looked up from her phone, smirked, and looked back down. Both she and Lane are on their phones, I wonder what they're doing.

"Please! But anyways, are you?" He continued. Owen and I looked at each other and smiled. He nodded while scooting closer to me. I blushed a dark shade of pink. Thank goodness he couldn't see it. I'm too dark :P.