Chapter 2

After my Dad, Jazzy and Jaxon got settled in, the excitement died down. We’re driving to Dallas right now from Los Angeles. My mom and dad are staying in the other bus with Scooter. So the girls and I are sitting in the living room talking with the smaller kids.

“Elizabeth, what are you doing?” Erin laughed. Elizabeth and Jazzy were rolling around on the floor, making noises like a fire truck siren. They both stopped and looked at her.

“I’m being a dog!” She smiled back and began rolling around.

“I’ve never heard or seen a dog like that before.” Sarah commented.

“Well then, your dog’s weird”

“My dog’s fine, you’re the one that’s weird.”

“Nope, I do not believe that is right.” I started to laugh uncontrollably after that.

“How did she learn to talk all sophisticated and stuff?” I asked.

“She’s just really precocious” Erin replied, looking at her little sister smiling.

“How did you even convince your parents to let you and Lizzie come?” Her face kind of fell after I asked.

“Our parents are going through some problems again, so when I asked, they thought it would be good for Lizzie and I to get away from it all.”

“Oh, I’m sorry for asking.”

“It’s alright, you did, well, your mom invited us here, so you should know.”

This isn’t the first time their parents have had ‘problems’. When I was next door neighbors with them, Erin was always over at Sarah’s house because her parents would argue a lot, and when Elizabeth was born, her parents were getting along perfectly, until she turned 2. After Lizzie’s second birthday, they started fighting again. The girls both would be so cool and funny, because they tried not to let the fighting get to them.

“Justin!! We need you to come back from La La Land, Hellooo?!” Sarah patted my cheeks.

“Stop hitting me, please.” I laughed.

“Oh sorry, I just thought we lost you for good.” She smiled.

“You guys are really good friends, huh?” Selena asked. I almost forgot she was here. Oops.

“We’ve been friends since kinder garden, our moms homeschooled us together.” Sarah replied smiling.

“That’s just great, anyone wanna come with me to get some popcorn?” She asked. Did I just see a tinge of jealousy in her eyes? I really hope not.

“I’ll come with you” Erin said, getting up from her spot on the couch.

“Ok, let’s go get some popcorn.” She smiled and they both walked off.

                                                                       (Erin’s POV)

I decided to go with Selena because I knew Sarah wouldn’t do it. That girl is pretty good with putting up a front. She hates Selena, and I think everyone knows the reason why. Every time we would watch TV and Justin and Selena popped up onto the screen it was always “Why is he with HER?”, “He’s known me longer”, and stuff like that. It’s not like all of it isn’t true. Justin and Sarah had a bond like no other; they were connected at the hip. Well, we all were. The Three musketeers, we were.

“Did Sarah and Justin have anything together?” Selena asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

“Umm, no? Why?”

“Can I trust you?” Uh-oh.

“Yeah, I’m a friend to anyone. What’s up?”

“Well, to start things off, I was never the jealous type. But, since Justin and I have been together, I’m starting to become the girl I never wanted to be.”

“It’s called love. All girls probably go through the same thing. When you love somebody and they hang with someone of the opposite sex that’s not you, things rupture in your brain telling you to knock them out or claw their face off.” I was trying to make her feel better, which I did because I got a chuckle out of her. This is not going to be a good situation. I can already tell.

“You’re really cool, Erin. I’m gonna need a friend on this tour, do you think you can help me with that, I know Sarah’s your best friend, but still?” She asked.

“That sounds cool. And don’t worry, more best friends is like more happiness.” We laughed, got the popcorn, and walked back in the living room to see Sarah with Justin in a choke hole.

“Sarah! What are you doing?” I asked, trying hard not to laugh.

“You don’t understand!! He’s got the notebook!!” She screamed.

“NO!” I screamed as I jumped on Justin’s back. We all collapsed onto the carpet wrestling for the purple and blue notebook in Justin’s hand.

“Can’t I just read one page?!” He asked, while trying to get away.

“NO!!” We both yelled.

“But why???” He yelled, throwing himself around trying to get us off.

“It’s confidential!” Sarah screamed back. That’s when Ryan walked in. Not Butler, but Ryan Good.

“Can someone inform me on what’s going on?” He asked.

“Well all I know is that Justin’s got some special notebook and they are trying to get it back before he reads it?” Selena replied, looking slightly scared and concerned.

“Wait, Justin, is it the purple and blue one you told me about?”

“Yup!”

“Oh you ain’t never getting that thing.” We all stopped for a second to look at him.

“Why are you so ghetto?” I asked, looking at him with a lopsided grin.

“I don’t know.”

“Yeah you do, you just don’t want to say anything.” We all laughed, and then I turned to see Justin opening the notebook’s cover.

“STOP!” I yelled as I snatched the book out of his hands in a swift motion.

“Good job! Our job here is done.” Sarah smiled and high fived me.

“I don’t know what’s in that book, but by the end of this tour, I’m gonna know” Justin swore as he sat down on the couch looking sad.

“Sure you are. Even at home we have a special safe for this notebook. I’ve threw my boyfriend down the stairs for it.” Sarah admitted. Justin’s eyebrows crinkled in a questioning way.

“You have a boyfriend?” He asked in a tone that sounded like dread and surprise.

“Had. We broke up a month or two ago.” When Justin smiled after she said that, I saw Selena frown. I saw hatred enter her body and it had shown in her eyes.

This is probably not going to end well.