[pt.16] The Worst Scenario

I’m so sorry I was delayed..T.T..to make up for it, I write this part longer..hope you don’t get tired reading it..=p

Dedicated to all my fans…I don’t know what I’d do without you guys..You really are my source of energy. =)

***

Part 16

--People don’t fight for justice, people don’t fight for world peace.

In the end, people only fight for their own selfish reason.--

Quick recap: While Mikael went to the battlefield, Lunalea, with the help of Raphael, was planning to go on a journey to the gate of the underworld in the valley of Strangard Mountain. She was accompanied by a hunter named Arnvid.

[Mikael POV]

The dawn broke with my deafening war cry as I drew and pointed my sword towards the swarming army of demons, a horde of ugly grey creatures, in the horizon: “Let’s crush the enemies under our feet!! Sally forth my brave soldiers!!” Three hundreds horsemen answered my call in unison, with cries as loud as mine. Burned in fighting spirit, we charged. Red Hare and I were on the front line.

Up on the cliff, Gabriel and her eighty archers emerged to bring down a rain of fiery arrows upon our mutual foes.

The demons growled and roared, swinging their maces. Weapons clashed, blood splattered. Before long, I found myself lost in a battle frenzy. My senses seemed to be shut down from the surrounding, I trusted myself fully to my body’s instinctive movements and reactions that I had sharpened for years. It’s as if my sword went alive, and it was the one who controlled my hand. The demons attack me from all direction, but I could easily parry them.

In the back of my eyes, I could see the image of Lunalea, smiling warmly. And as I was hacking the demons all around me, I thought about our future. Our future without the war. Then I saw her face just before I left…the sorrow and guilt in her eyes…

“MIKAEL!!” somewhere in the distant I could hear Gabriel screamed at the top of her lungs.

Then, before I could turn and yell back, I felt a sudden and sharp pain on the right lower side of my torso. I looked down to see a spear broke through my armor and pierced my flesh; deep, but not deep enough thanks to the protective ward. At the other end of the spear was a bulky demon who barred its shark-like set of teeth. Sparks of black electricity danced around the arm that held the spear.

I growled and grabbed the spear with my left hand, attempting to pull the demon and to fling it into the air. Yet that nasty monster was stead fast to the ground. Instead, devoting all of its might, it tried to yank me from Red Hare. I almost fell, and cursed myself for my weakness. ‘Damn. I must admit this jerks’s pretty strong’ I thought to myself angrily.

Swiftly, before giving the chance for the demon to try and pull me down again, I raised the sword on my right hand and brought it down to cut the spear’s iron handle in half. The tip of my sword was lined by diamond, so it’s extremely sharp. I tossed aside the half that stabbed me, blood was quickly oozing from the open wound but I ignore it.

The demon roared in rage, tossing aside the other half of the spear and jumping me with bare hands (its claws looked sharp enough though). I was faster than it; I pulled Red Hare’s rein hard, making the beast raise its front legs and stomp the demon down. It fell flat on the ground, facing upward, with Red Hare’s hoofs pressed against its chest, crushing its rib cage.

I quickly jumped down from Red Hare’s back and pointed my sword to the demon’s neck. It’s still alive, I noticed. I stamped on its right arm. Its bone snapped and the demon groaned in pain. I looked down on it in disgust. “Are you Zeva?” I asked coldly.