[pt.9] The One Word

Part 9

Do you believe in karma? I do. Because right now I am having a terrible headache..seriously.

***

[Mikael POV]

I swung my blade and beheaded the last demon on the battlefield. It fell with a gush of blood staining my armor. After one day and one night non-stop battle, it’s finally over. And I was glad, though I’d been in worse situations.

I looked around the gory aftermath. About three-fourth of my troop survived, including some who were injured. I wasn’t pleased with this; they’re supposed to be my elite forces. I expected them all survived, but it turned out that the demon army could not be underestimated.

Lady Gabriel walked towards me, holding a crossbow on her left hand. When I arrived at her camp site two days ago, she was already in a state of siege. My troop and I broke through the enemy rank on the north side to reach her. And it was true that she’s in the verge of destruction; she brought with her three captains and only one left, five male healers and only two left, about a hundred warriors and less than twenty left. While the opponent was at about two hundreds. She was grateful to see me.

“There’s something disturbing about those demons.” She remarked, flapping her blood-stained hair in disgust.

“Yeah?“ I wasn’t interested and started walking towards the camp. Gabriel walked beside me.

“It’s not only about the shapeshifting ability.” She continued, “They fought like they had no fear, not afraid of death.”

“Every soldier should fight like that.” I replied in a sarcastic tone.

Gabriel narrowed her eyes. “And they talked about the rising of a new leader.”

“Nonsense.”

“You think so? You wait and see. We managed to capture an enemy commander, and we’ll make him talk.” Said Gabriel, determined.

By this time I had reached my tent. “Do what you want to do. I’m going back to the palace now.” I pushed aside the canvas and went in. Gabriel followed. I wasn’t surprised.

“No you’re not.” Said Gabriel firmly. I ignored her and fetched a clean cloth to wipe the blood stain on my sword. I barely noticed Gabriel throw her crossbow to the ground with a ‘clank’ and began to take off her armor as well as her clothes underneath it.

I sighed wearily. “Save your time and just leave me alone.” I told her before she was completely naked. I swore that would be the last thing I wanted in the world.

“No.” she was glaring at me, now only clad in her top. “I will have what I want.”

I sheathed my sword and tossed it aside, then I turned to face Gabriel. Without a word, I took off my armor. A satisfied smile spread upon her lips while she stood watching me. Then I ripped open the front of my tunic, revealing the vermillion tattoo on my chest. Gabriel’s eyes widened in shock when she saw it; she recognized the insignia.

“You!” she shouted, obviously furious. “What did you do?!” I kept silent because I thought that’s a stupid question and I didn’t need to answer it. “Who’s the woman?? Who is she!” she demanded.

“Then what? What would you do if I tell you?” I glared at her, daring her.

Gabriel laughed, almost hysterically, “Of course I will kill her! I will kill her so you can be free again!” she exclaimed.

“You can try.” I responded in a deadly cold tone, “But I assure you, I will kill you first.”

Her laugh stopped abruptly when she realized how serious I was. “Don’t tell me you’re in love with her.”

“I am in love with her.” I verified. Gabriel groaned in frustation. She was about to say something when there’s a soldier outside the tent, addressing her.

“What!” she snapped angrily.

“It’s the demon commander, My Lady.” Replied the soldier, sounded anxious due to his Great Captain’s dreadful mood. I almost felt sorry for him. “He’s dead.” He informed her.

“Well, how much did you get from it?!” Gabriel demanded.

“He was..resilient, My Lady.” Came the reply.

“How. Much. Did. You. Get. From. It??!!” Roared Gabriel, with stressing in every word. I was actually amazed that she could be this scary.

I could hear the soldier gulped . “One word, My Lady.” In respond to this, Gabriel was cursing and swearing heatedly. Seeing Gabriel was too engrossed in her own rage, I took the initiative to ask the soldier: “What is that one word?” because I must admit that I was intrigued.

“Zeva.”

***

Okay. Another short part. Sorry… I intended to write longer..but you know..this headache’s bugging me so.. Btw, I’m planning the next part to once again have a making-love scene..what do you think..? I wont add it if you think it’s lousy..so, give comment, okay…lotsa thanks for reading…