Not straight

Mark - Gay

"Can we please take a moment to admire this movie?" I stare at my sister amused. She still thinks that being gay equals loving romantic movies.

"Sarah, I've already told you twenty times. I'm masculine."

She rolls her eyes. "Why did I get a masculine gay brother? Couldn't it be a girly one?"

I snort as loud as I can, but when the door opens my sister changes to serious mode. Dad walks in with his briefcase and with a football. I recognize it as the one he gave me when I was five. He throws it at me and I catch it.

"Why was it in the yard?"

"Sorry, dad, maybe I threw it out of the window when I was leaving my room." I really should start looking for better lies on the internet.

"Maybe," he agrees.

He goes up the stairs and Sarah lets out a breath. "Do you think he heard us?"

I shake my head. I'm sure he didn't, and even if he did, he would act like he didn't. He would pretend for his whole life that his only son is straight. He would pretend so hard that even I would start to believe I'm not homo.

"Mark, will you ever come out of the closet?" Whispers my sister.

"I'm not sure. At school there are a few guys that think I'm gay, but as long as I stay in the football team, the stereotype will win over the doubts."

She nods and returns her attention to her movie.

The only reason I haven't admitted I'm gay is that I'm waiting for college. By then I'll be free. Maybe I'll write on a sheet a message like that dude from Easy A saying 'bitches, I'm not straight'. Or something like that, I haven't decided yet.

I'm just waiting the moment.

Our town is very old schooled. Gays and lesbians aren't accepted and I really don't want to be part of that club or group called The Ugly Ones.

They really have it tough.

My sister always says she would support me until the end. Still, that doesn't change the fact that she would be the only one doing it. I like being respected, just the way I am right now. I won't change that for anything.

That's why I'll wait till college.

Hope my dad accepts me the way I am.

• • • • • • •

So, did you like it? I hope you did, I'm really putting my heart in this book.

As you see, Mark is not part of The Ugly Ones. Yet.

Vote and comment if you liked the chapter, please! I've never received so much support, that's why I'll say thank you very, very much.

~Mercy