Small -but needed- Talk

Jamie - Acne

Mom was okay with me being late for dinner. I called her to tell her I was going to finish a work at the library.

Kids, lying is bad. But what I told mom, was an innocent lie. I hate telling her other things, but she was going to make me return early to home if I said I was staying at school to see how Chris was. After chemistry I didn't get an encounter with him again. All I know is that he's in detention.

Why did he punch Finn, though? I mean, he was on control when the idiot said those words to him, but he lost it when the words were directed at me. Did he hit him for me?

My heart flutters with the thought.

I walk to the library feeling all happy, smiling to myself. As I've been to detention three times I expect them to be in the detention room, so I get surprised when I see they are in the library, cleaning up the mess.

Christopher is putting some books in their places. He turns around and I hide behind - wait, behind nothing. There's nowhere to hide!

Perfect. Now he's gonna think I'm a creeper.

"Jamie, what are you doing here?" Uhm, good question, how do I answer that? "Hello? Jamie," his hand is right in front of my eyes. I blink a few times and start blushing.

Uh. "I came to see if you were alright." He seems surprised.

"Really?" I nod. "Oh," he says.

You're already talking, comment him your idea.

"Chris...topher," I was thinking about calling him Chris, but this seems serious, so I'm gonna use his whole name. "I was thinking the other day, after you told me about the whole crisis your mom had and-"

Chris clears his throat. "That was a joke."

"No, Christopher, I know it wasn't, and I want to help you and your mom. It's not that you're not great now with this weight," I blush again, "but it's unhealthy having the one you have. So I thought I could help you losing it."

He glares at me. "What makes you think I want your help? And what are you going to do, huh? Like, make me run everyday, or what?"

I gulp and look down. He sighs.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I don't think this will work."

"But how do you know that? It could work! Chris, I'm not perfect, look at my skin, it's all covered with acne, no one ever thinks I'm pretty, and no one can help me. But I can help you."

Taking a deep breath I try to keep my calm. I'm a cry baby. I've always been sensitive, but somehow everytime I talk about my skin my needs to cry grow bigger.

"Do you think it's going to work?" He asks.

"Yeah," I respond quietly.

"Then I'm in."

• • • • • • •

Oh yeah!

Wednesday I sang my national anthem, at my school, I was so nervous I was shaking. But everyone said I sang swell. I don't believe that, but whatever!

Did you like it? Did you not?

The book is #49, guys. I just - I can't. This is overwhelming, thank you for all the support. I follow 26 people, and now I have 26 followers! One more and I'll have more followers than followed, haha. My point here is: I love you to the moon and back!

Dedicated to BitterTeaBags for her sweet, sweet comments.

~Mercy