Let's give some help

Jamie - Acne

I watch my Mom as she prepares a sandwich with peanut butter. I question myself if I should talk to her about Chris, but I'm too afraid she'll start saying awkward stuff.

"What's on your mind, Jamie?" I stare at her with a confused gaze. "You seem lost in your thoughts."

I laugh. "That's because I am, mom." She nods understanding and mutters 'I see.'

"Does it have something to do with the fact you had your check some days ago?"

I shake my head, with my eyes closed, chewing on my lip. "No, mom," she nods again. "Actually, it's about a boy." As the words get out of my mouth I mentally slap myself for doing something so stupid. I shouldn't have said that.

"Oh," she sounds surprised. "Do you... like him?"

Great.

Yes.

No.

I'm not sure.

"No, mom, it's just - he has this problem. He's not eating healthy, and - and I don't want something happening to him for that reason."

"That's another story, Jamie." She stays silent, probably thinking her next words. "Maybe you should help him."

I thought of that too, but I bet he'll think I feel sorry for him. And what if he thinks I'm not alright with him being fat? What if he's okay having the weight he has? I don't want to hurt him. No, that would be the worst.

What if he does not accept my help?

"If it's about his health, you can always try and help him. He could die. Eating disorders are very serious."

This time I'm the one to nod. Mom is right, but that's doesn't change the fact Chris could get mad at me. He could even stop talking to me! Directing a word to me! Even glancing at me! Anxiety goes through my whole body.

My mind tells me to take a deep and long breath. That's what my mom told me to do when we discovered I had anxiety.

Product of crying everyday and feeling not good enough for the others.

So I take a deep breath. Mom says I get all worked up for the most stupid things in life. Like I did five seconds ago.

Maybe I could help Chris by telling him my story.

• • • • • • •

I really should be studying, but I had to post this.

Entered Wattpad and had 77 notifications! Thank you!! I couldn't believe it!

Jamie and Chris have a ship name!! It's #Chamie. Thank you Awkward_Loner for the name!

IF YOU WANT, I mean, only if you want, you can follow me. I hate it when people says FOLLOW ME NOW, it's so demanding.

~Mercy