Too much makeup

Fiona - Albino

As every morning I get out of the bath very fresh. And pale. There's a towel around my hair and my body is covered by a black towel too. I never avoid looking at the mirror, I'm already used to my caucasian skin.

My classmates are right, I look like a ghost. Maybe if my eyes were alive, if they had a spark, but they have not.

Once I'm dressed and have combed my hair I grab my foundation and cover my face with it. The corrector, as pale as my skin, is the next one to be used. The so hated concealer is the third one in my skin. And then, my favourite makeup item, my powder, the only reason I have a blush in my cheeks is all over them. The red lipstick I always wear is somewhere in the disaster of my cabinet. My hands search for it, but my eye is the one to catch it, I put it on. Then the mascara and I'm ready.

Sometimes I feel like a slave of my own makeup, wearing it just to try to be less pale.

Letting out a sigh, I 'order' my products.

Going to church is one of the most important things at my house. My uncle is the reverend and my dad has always been very close to his brother.

I heard that Louise is going to sing today, so now I'm worried. She's my friend, we're together in that Ugly Ones thing since freshman year. I know she's nervous, I know she feels like she's going to fail and I know people will later laught at her.

"Fiona!" My dad screams and I jump from surprise. "It's getting late, come down already!"

I give one last look at the mirror, my big grey eyes stare back at me. My practically white short hair falls over my shoulders. I go down the stairs, my low heels clacking with every step I take. The spring dress I have on making little waves as my hands move back and forth. I save the last step jumping and then falling like a ballerina.

The food is waiting for me in the table; pancakes and orange juice. I eat as fast as I can and once I have finished I stand up. My sun glasses are hanged in the pommel. I don't like wearing them everyday, but mom always insists and I know if I didn't use them the sun would kill, just like if I was a vampire, another name my peers have called me.

Having albinism is the worst.

• • • • • • •

I had a friend with albinism, I don't know where she's now.

FUN FACT: I had to look up on the internet to actually put names to the makeup products. And then watch a tutorial to know what goes first.

You are allowed to laugh at me.

I hope you liked the chapter!

~Mercy