Chapter 21: Goodbyes.

There was a mistake with the chapter numbering, Sorry about that :P Its fixed now and it will make more sense.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael didn’t show up at detention and neither did the teacher who was in charge ask for him.

When I came out of the school building I looked for a way to get home but realized that Terry was no longer here, Michael wasn’t talking to me nor was he here and asking Braiden didn’t seem like the best option.

I had this uber feeling that something bad was going to happen, but after all I always thought something bad would happen.

A very familiar car stopped in the drive way of the schools entrance and out came Michael.

“Aren’t you kind of late for detention?” I said as walked towards him.

“Sam.” He paused and took a deep breath before he walked towards me.

“There are just a few things I have to say to you.”

I nodded, motioning him to continue. “I’m sorry I got you into this mess, I’m sorry I was a jerk today morning and I’m very sorry for changing you.” He was about to say something else before I but in.

“Okay number one you got me in no mess, I’m fine, number two how come being a jerk to me matters now, it never mattered before so it shouldn’t now and lastly, Michael you haven’t changed me completely, sure the way I look but everything inside me hasn’t dented one bit.” I said pressing my hand against my chest.

“Okay, well that’s good, I guess.” He took a step back but instantly I moved forwards, “Wait!” I said a bit too loudly.

He raised his eyebrow waiting for me to talk.

“Michael, what I said this morning to you, I didn’t mean a thing other then the part where I really needed a friend.”

“What did you say this morning?” He smirked.

“Oh gosh you know what I said, don’t make me recall it.” I cold already feel my self blush which happened a lot when I thought about the kiss.

“Alright then, so it did mean something?” He asked with his eyes filled with hope.

This is you’re chance Samantha, tell him how you feel, there is no Braiden in the way and not even Michaels dad.

I looked down at my fight and slightly nodded.

“It meant something.” I whispered looking up.

“Good.” Was all he said before he inched closer and tilted my face up.

Then again I realized the high difference between us.

He bent a bit so our noses were touching then slightly my lips parted, waiting for the perfect moment to take place.

But that never happened. He kissed my cheek and took a step back.

“Goodbye Samantha.” With that he walked back to his car and drove away.

Guess I’m walking home today.

Michael’s Pov.

“Flight A24 is boarding now, all passengers should arrive to gate 4, all passengers should arrive to gate 4.”

I pushed the troll which held my luggage’s forward before taking one last look at the entrance of the airport.

I had about 20 minutes before my plane would leave.

But before I could enter the passport control a red head waved her hand at my, shouting my name over and over again.

“Michael!” Chandler shouted.

I waited for her o come over. “You’re leaving?” She asked with sad eyes.

I just nodded. “Sam wouldn’t shut up about how you nearly kissed her again.”

Again? Sam told her I kissed her.

“Military school waits for me.” I said. “Do something, don’t leave Michael she loves you as well! For me pleaeasseee Michael please don’t leave.” She begged.

“I’ll be done in some years.” I said patting her head. I had never had to comfort a female before so this was pretty much awkward for me.

“Promise me one thing.” She said. I nodded waiting for her to continue.

“You will keep in contact with me and when you come back you will tell Sam hoe you feel about her.” “Okay but only if you promise me that you wont tell Sam that I love her, that I’m going to military school.” She looked at me shocked for a second.

“Why Michael?” She said innocently.

“Because while I’m gone I want her to forget about me, to move on with someone else and not wait for me.”

“That’s really sweet but you can’t just disappear one day and never show up.” She had a point but I had that planned out already.

“Who ever asks tell them I’m now living with my Grandma in Detroit.” She nodded slowly before she leaped towards me grabbing me in a big hug.

“You better come back, my best friend will be heart broken” She put force into the last part of the sentence before she let go. “No leave before the plane leaves without you!” She rushed me into the passport control and stood there waving and whipping tears off her face.

Chandler will always be Chandler.