Chapter 15: Creep

**Sam's P.O.V.**
This was it. The day of the party. I felt the need to throw up and dance at the same time. Which was is not my normal behavior, trust me. I put my hair into a messy bun and waited in the driveway for Michael. He had been avoiding me lately for some odd reason, but he promised to pick me up so I can help get ready for the party. And I had to be there extra early for Terry to work his beautiful gay magic on me.

I had some of the teeny tiny clothes that Terry had picked up at the mall for me. He reminded me earlier to bring the clothes and a bunch of makeup and hairspray. I cringed, but nonetheless complied with his wishes. And now here I was, waiting in my driveway. Michael's car horn beeped, his sleek black car in front of me. I blinked rapidly, getting away from my thoughts. I ran excitedly and got into the front seat without any hesitation. Michael gripped the steering wheel as I did.

"Hi there. Have you been avoiding me by any chance?" I asked, crossing my arms and giving him a sly smile. I was tired of seeing him avoid eye contact, and run down the opposite end of the hallway whenever he saw me. He pulled out of my driveway and gave a nervous laugh. "Why would you say that..." He mumbled softly, as though he was speaking to someone with sensitive ears. I rolled my eyes.

"You know Michael, sometimes you're a very bad liar." I sighed, giving him a joking punch on the arm. He pulled his arm away instantly, as though some flesh eating disease was on me. I breathed in calmly, trying to remain cool. I wasn't going to cry, no not this time.

He coughed awkwardly. "Sorry, I've just been really stressed because of all the tests lately." He shrugged his shoulders, brushing it off. It was believable, although, for some reason I didn't believe it. I nodded. "Yeah, I guess that could be really stressful. But this party is going to be one of the most eventful nights of my life!" I said, as though it was a matter of fact.

"Yeah, I guess we should both have as much fun as we can. I mean, summer is coming. And this just seems like the perfect time to say goodbye to the school." He said, less tense than before. There were unspoken words within what he spoke. As if he was trying to send some secret message to me with his mind. It was probably the first time in my life I felt dumb.

I pressed my forehead to the cool glass of the car's window. "R-right, Saying goodbye...." I whispered to myself.

***

"Tell me you don't look fabulous!" Terry exclaimed. His curly hair went around his face, framing it nicely. His wide violet eyes waited for me to respond as I stared at myself in the body mirror. Michael was downstairs putting out punch (probably going to be spiked later, as I was told) and snacks so me and Terry could get ready.

And man, was I ready. Terry had a serious talent, and I was exhibit A. My blonde haircurled delicately down my back, as I wore a tiny strapless black dress. It ruffled slightly at the bottom just above my knee. My shoes were simple high heels that made my feet hurt simply by looking at them. My eyes were wide and blue, my lips pink and pouty, and my cheeks a pleasant rosy color. I looked great, but felt fake. I turned to Terry and laughed, "Well, I could tell you that I don't look fabulous but I would be lying."

A corner of his mouth turned up, and he gave me a little wink. "Looks like you're ready. Now go downstairs and help Mike while I clean up in here. The guests are unpredictable and they could get here anytime. Can't wait until they get an eyeful of you."

I ran down the stairs humming a nameless song from the radio, when I spotted Michael in the living room setting up the snacks on a folding table. I made sure that I could here me coming so I wouldn't startle him. He looked over his shoulder once, and then did a double take. A smirked, as he stared at me. "Close your mouth or you might catch some bugs." I said sarcastically. He stuck his tongue out and scoffed, "I can't believe that Terry made you wear those shoes actually, they look really uncomfortable. “I stuck my tongue out at him, returning the gesture. Soon we were laughing like dorks.

The door bell rang and I ran to the door before Michael had the chance to move. The guests looked to be college aged kids, with a twelve pack of beer in their hands. I waved them in as they looked around Michael's house like it was Chuck E. Cheese's. I closed the door and went to Michael's side and whispered, "Who are they?"

"No clue, but they brought beer so we're good." Michael shrugged. The door bell rang a few more times, and I went and answered them as well. I didn't know anybody except Michael and Terry. It was weird and sort of scary, because I at least expected to see people from school, but they seemed to be scarce. Instead it was mainly college kids and kids from other school.

The party was in full swing about a half an hour later. The stereo jammed to a Rihanna song that I forgot the name of, and people were swaying their hips. I spied Terry with his hands on a really cute guy's waist, moving to the beat. I smiled for him.

I basically people watched most of the time, getting lots of stares as though I were a mysterious person. But I think the only reason that anybody would think that was because I looked a bit dressier than most of the other girls. (Who dressed like whores, I must say.) People watching was one of my favorite thing to do. To see how people acted when they didn't know anyone was watching, putting their guard down and showing their true colors.

I watched a guy that looked a few years older than me, with choppy red and brown hair and creamy pale skin hit on a girl. From what I could see he was attractive, but the girl was beautiful. She had flowing black hair that cascaded down her back, and perfectly flawless cafe au lait skin. She had a great body, and she obviously wasn't into the dude. But the dude wasn't discouraged, he simply tried harder. He placed his hand on her knee, which she swatted away. Somebody behind her called her name, "Tay! Hi!" And ran up and gave her a hug. Tay placed her cup on the coffee table and hugged her mystery friend back. I turned my attention to the dude, as he dug for something in his pocket, and quietly dropped it into her drink. My eye bulged out of my sockets.

No, he couldn't be. Not here. I felt a fresh rush of adrenaline into my system. Tay pulled herself away from her friend who smiled and waved goodbye to mingle with a boy. Tay lifted her glass and downed the rest of her drink in one gulp. My head spun and my stomach nosedived. I saw Tay place her hand on her forehead, lightheaded. My feet seemed to be glued to the ground until I could pull myself away form the horrible vision I was seeing.

After a few seconds I moved to where Michael was mingling, always the suave host, he was surrounded by a group of people who hung on his every word. I pulled his hand and pulled him away from the people. He seemed really startled, but saw the look on my face and didn't question me.

"There was a boy with red brown hair and pale skin over by the couch. I saw...I saw him slip something into a girls drink and I think he's going to do something to her." I said frantically. He bared his teeth and gave a small hiss. "Disgusting pigs. I'll handle him, Don't worry." He growled, stalking off in the direction of the couch. He was inside the heart of the crowd within a few seconds, getting closer to catching that creep of a guy.

I breathed a sigh of relief and went back to my original spot, trying to see if I could catch a glimpse of the confrontation. But Michael wasn't there yet, but that's not what caught my attention. It was the fact that the guy and the girl were on the move. The guy had his arm around her, and kept repeating, "The bathroom is this way!" Loudly. He was trying to make it look like he was helping a drunk girl out. She was obviously disoriented. My stomach lurched, because of course their weren't any bathrooms upstairs. Only bedrooms, deep dark bedrooms.

I didn't give Michael any second thought as I followed them upstairs, it being difficult to have to push past so many people. I saw him lead her into a room and slam the door shut. I took my heels off and left them by the door. My heart raced as I pushed the door open and saw the creep. Reaching up her shirt. "What are you doing to her?" I cried, making as much noise as possible. I knew fighting him was out of the question because he was much bigger than me, but I hoped to draw enough attention to him that he would run off. He snarled, "What the hell! I'm trying to have some fun with my lady friend here." He defended.

I ran over to the bed and glared at him while pushing his arm away from her. "Lady friend? Right. I'm sure all your girlfriends get off by being drugged and molested."

"You bitch." He snapped, getting up and walking towards the door. I sighed in relief, and got on my knees on the bedside. I felt for a pulse in the girls neck, making sure the ass hole didn't kill her.

And then I heard the sound that I will never forget. The sound that would echo in my nightmares forever. The sound of the door slamming shut. My head screamed in terror.

The creep didn't leave. He was just locking us in here. Tay and I, defenseless. I turned slowly, and got up to see him standing there with a self satisfied grin. Like the cat that finally caught the mouse. I breathed heavily as I heard him coo, "I worked too hard to get her my dear, and I'm not going to let you stop me."