Chapter 13: Lets party!

Chapter Thirteen
**Sam's P.O.V.**
My nails were a beautiful dark red, but I was having trouble concentrating on that. I was more worried about Michael and his maniac father. I had always thought Larry Bedelli was just mean, but he was adrunk too. Was it possible that he could get abusive? My stomach nosedived at the thought of Michael getting his face punched in. Terry and Chandler chatted as their nails dried, becoming quick friends as I could already see.

Terry had gotten a French manicure and pedicure. He looked completely polished and clean. Whereas Chandler, always the flamingo in a flock of penguins, got her nails done a brilliant pink. Almost neon. I wasn't much paying attention to their conversation. My head snapped to attention when I heard them use my name.

"Sam, Don't you think?" Chandler asked curiously.
Obviously I had missed part of the conversation, so I cocked my head and said, "Huh?" I saw her roll her eyes and say, "Jimmy, you
've seen him, right? Don't you just think he's adorable? I mean, we're both going out for pizza this Saturday, and we're not even studying. I think that means we're going on a date! But I don't know if it's just a friendly thing or if he likes me...Because there is this chick that keeps giving him her number, but he never calls her.
It really pisses her off, but she doesn't give up. Maybe he doesn't call her because he like me, but it's weird, cause it's not like the other chick is ugly or anything...." Chandler babbled, obviously losing herself into Chandler Land. Terry gave a little dreamy sigh,
"Ah, love."

"It sounds like he likes you." I offered up, and
Chandler snapped to attention.
"Really? Oh Sam, I really like this guy. Not like with Brian, I know now that he only wanted to get in my pants. But...Jimmy listens to me." She swooned. I thought about Brian and shivered.
He was Chandler's creepy ex.
"Oh Chandler, that's great. If he really listens to you, then he deserves you. And if you ever choose anyone like Brian again, I'll kick your ass." I said, sweetly. Terry and Chandler giggled in unison like twins.
"Wait, wait, wait...." Terry began, putting his hand on his hip,
"Does this Jimmy guy have a brother? And is he available?"
Chandler and I turned to each other and laughed.
***
"A party?" I echoed as Michael explained to me. He seemed to be unharmed, which I was grateful for. But I didn't show it, because I knew it annoyed him to have someone care for him.
He nodded his head in an excited way. I noticed something might have been bothering him, but again, I didn't want to pry.

"A party, but why?" I asked nervously. I had never been to a high school party, but I had watched many chick flicks, and the party always ended up the same. With alcohol and bad decisions. "For you! A party would be a good way for you to talk to people. It could be like your coming out party." Michael explained.
"I had one of those, but nobody was very happy." Terry said with a laugh. Michael snorted, "Not that kind of coming out party. One that shows you to the world Sam. You can use all your skills to practice on the guys there." I gave him a weary glance.
"I don't know Michael, I haven't ever been to a party like how you explained..." I thought about being alone while everybody ignored me at the party. I couldn't let that happen, it would destroy any confidence that I had already built up. Michael grabbed my hand, "You'll do great, I can promise you that. And there's a football game this Saturday, if we have the party on Friday then we'll have time to get you a date with...him."
Braiden? Wow, I hadn't thought of the football game this Saturday, usually the football players have a victory dinner at Pizza Hut. If I could get a date with him, it would be everything I had hoped for!
Michael realized he was still holding my hand, so he pulled away like his hand had been scorched. He avoided my eyes for a few seconds, and muttered, "Are you coming or not?"
"Of course Michael. This should be fun." I said, becoming excited. Everything was falling into place. I knew soon, I would be with my dream guy.